Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Happy Fourth of July!

Ususally we spend the weekend before the fourth watching the fireworks at Cousin Doug's house. This year we had no fireworks, a few random ones thrown into the air but nothing like last year. Usually the kids run up to Cousin Caroline's clubhouse and watch the scene high above, this year they ran to the clubhouse but kept yelling, "Where are they? Come out come out wherever you are!" But due to the rain, we did not see fireworks and due to the rain, we will have no picnic out on a blanket tonight with good friends. We could sit out on a blanket but we would look like we would be covered in mud.

So things are a little strange in our neck of the woods. I can tell you what we will be doing. Eating good ole barbeque at Spring Creek tonight and possibly watching a movie at our friend's house. And I can tell you another thing we will be doing. We will be waiting with joyful anticipation for the news that Cousin Kanyon is home. In his own bed, sleeping soundly. 100 days in the hospital and little Kanyon is having his very own independance day. We celebrate with Kory and Jaymie. And we mourn with Kory and Jaymie because words can't describe the feelings they must be feeling. To enter the hospital with two and come out with one. It's in these moments that we take it one step at a time and trust God to bring glory to this situation. If we dwell to long, our hearts may grow bitter or angry and that is not what we are called to do. And if the truth be told, I am not sure how to react to all of this. I just keep praying for God to reveal Himself to me but it seems like He is playing a game of hide and seek. Anyway...enough! I will leave the rest for a post on another day. For now, I am celebrating with my cousin and enjoying my day off with my husband.

God bless you on this 4th of July!

No comments: