Wednesday, August 29, 2007

I Have An Announcement to Make So Listen Up!

I am officially giving up on the BABY!

Hang with me please

Yesterday was a bad day for me! I cried all day. But I think God is grabbing my attention right now so I am starting to listen and quit feeling sorry for myself.

I will continue to take the necessary steps to get ready for a baby. For example, take the vitamins, track the junk, work out (rock hard abs, please) and well, you know where babies come from so I won't go any further.

But as for obsessing over having a baby. I am letting it go!

Fly away deep burning desire, fly away!

In less than 3 days we are giving our 60 day notice here at the humble abode.

Praise God we are moving in the right direction.

We have been moving in the right direction all along it's just that God had some things He needed to get clear to us. And well, we are slow learners.

Top 3 Lessons we have learned:

1. To trust God
2. To trust each other
3. To Stop Planning and Start Living.

I always wonder what God is doing behind the scenes. He must have big huge plans if He is willing to throw us into the learning pit time and time again.

In church, we are talking about the 4 words that can hinder you from growing in your faith. Do you want to know what they are?

"I Can Handle It."

Yes, you can handle it but that is because God gives you the strength to go through it not the other way around. I put God on the back burner because let's face, I believe I can handle it or even do it better my way. But let me tell you, it doesn't work that way.

So here are three things that I plan to do in order to truly allow God to handle it.

1. Praise Him for what He has done and what He is going to do.
2. Read my Bible every morning to start myself on the right foot.
3. Pray through every emotion that takes me away from sweet communion with the Lord Almighty.


Thank you for your encouragement. From here on out I am moving forward-taking it one step at a time.

Oh and like little Katelyn, the sweet kindergartner says

"Just Keep Swimming. Just Keep Swimming!"

Translation: Just Keep Moving Ahead

7 comments:

Lynnie said...

As I walked to my car today, I prayed that you would have peace in where you are today - and that you would go forward with "enlarging your territory" so the Lord can bless you. His ways are not our ways - and in hindsight, I am so grateful for that. If I would have had my way everytime I wanted it....well, it would have been a disaster of Titanic proportion! I love you, blue-eyed daughter of mine! We will rejoice with every tiny step we take into the future God has planned for us! Saddle up your horses, we have a trail to blaze....

Kathy said...

I am a slow learner too. I am praying I am finally getting it right this time.
I'll be praying for both of you as God is at work preparing you for what is next. Have fun with, "ahem" getting ready for the baby. The trying is half the fun!

Jodi said...

Hang in there kiddo. From one slow learner to another... :) Call me anytime, ok? I, too, cry all the time, so we can just do it together over the phone!

BTW, while working on my own rock-hard abs :) , my new obsession is working out to Janet Jackson's Rhythm Nation! You'll be amazed at what you can lift while listening to Black Cat. :) I thought of you during my work out to this song and laughed out loud at the gym! I swear they think I am nuts there...

Lori said...

Hugs, my sister went through the same thing....((((Hugs)))

Melissa Taylor said...

Hang in there. I believe that God gave you a desire to be a mom for a reason. I will pray for you!

Kimmy said...

it's so hard... it's so hard to live and trust... big HUG to you my friend... big HUG. ~Kim

LlamaJ said...

I will pray for you. I know that for me, when I've let go of something and really given it over to the Lord, He has given so much blessing. Sometimes it's not exactly what I would have planned, but soon I see that His will is perfect and He knows me so much better than I know myself.