And here is what I found inside.
I have found a sweet, sweet note from Jodi (I will call you to read it, I can still remember reading this and praising God for our friendship. It's a sweet one, you are a sweet friend even today)
I found a list of to-do's from the week before I left for ACU. It was divided out by the days leading up to the big leave and the last line said, "Leave for ACU!"
I found a picture of my great grandmother and I cooking in her kitchen. This will be framed and put in my kitchen now. I think it was my first salad to make ever and she raved and raved about it. I had the biggest smile on my face. It is a keeper.
I found my notes from the Mexico mission trip. Aquilles baby! YEAH! I have spanish songs galore, I can't wait to teach the children at church these songs. Plus a few vocab words.
I still have the first ever retreat booklet with Hatchett. "The Great Adventure."
I found some of my piano books that I used at recitals. I can't wait to teach Hayley these songs (after I reteach myself of course)
I found a picture and many sweet notes from Laura who I am now reconnected with thanks to the blog.
I found my letter from ACU telling me I was in Nelson Dorm and my roomate would be Meredith.
I found some pictures from a time that a certain intern came to my house one night to fix my hair for a banquet. It was huge. And we laughed and laughed. It's because of this night that it still cracks me up that the Lord gave you boys, Kendra. We had a blast did we not?
Oh and a Sierra magazine you stuffed in my box when I was the church runner and they came to sing at the church. We were walking on cloud nine that week, 'member?
I found pictures of one of my cabins at CDR when Jenna Lucado was in my cabin (some may know her Dad, Max)
I have a check in list from my campers during 4th session. My favorite cabin EVER. Sarah you were there-really that cabin rocked!
I found Mark and Melissa's engagement picture, still in a crystal frame. Yeah, that's right, IN A FRAME. You guys were so sweet...still are, of course!
But the most important discovery of all is my prayer journal from 1993-1994. Priceless. Hard times but God was good. I will share some of the entries later, promise.
God was a big part of my life then just as He is now. And most of you real world friends were there then like you are now. We are blessed to have such a rich history together.
And as I look over all the names listed on Baby Bennett's site at everyone who is praying, I am reminded once again how blessed we are. Nothing, nothing compares to Christan community.
We are so blessed.
Thanks for the memories y'all. Let's get together soon to make more of 'em.
(Jeff asked me the other day, "So how many get togethers are we up to now when we get a house?" I told him 2 but the real number is definatley more than 2, we just will ease him into it slowly. My mom may have to give him a few pointers, I used to invite the whole school over since we were only 5 blocks away. She learned to cope...I think.)
9 comments:
Fun! I am such a sucker for anything nostalgic, so I love getting to find old reminders of good memories.
Also, I just read your previous post. I'm sure there will be days that it's much easier said than done (been there!). My prayer is that on those days you will feel the peace that passes all understanding.
It was fun last night! Seeing all that stuff and hearing all the memories. It's a good thing we started in the kitchenn and not in your moms closet or we really would have had nothing done!
How fun to rediscover such wonderful treasures.
Susan,
I haven't visited in a while, but I'm glad I did! So many of the memories you mentioned I shared-- either at the same time or the year after you. Funny, sometimes it seems like yesterday, and sometimes it seems like it all happened in another life, to another person. :)
Christina
It's so special that so many of those memories involved CDR. What a great place - with special people. I can't believe you have our engagement picture!! Funny. We looked so goofy in that picture. Let's keep that hidden, okay?!
It's so special to find those memories that have been "lost". And I think they find us when we need them. What a blessing for you right now.
Ahhh . . .I made the memories list! How fun! I need to see those pics of your hair . . I mustahave blocked it out or something. You need to know, though, that you are part of my greatest memories from those years at RHCC youth group. And I still think about the Sierra night with giddy feelings sometimes! he! Love you . .
Awww, that was a memory lane trip for me too -- Mexico, retreats, sweet interns. Good times.
that's SO neat... I LOVE finding things like that and I LOVE how things like that mean SO much to you... you're precious. ~ kim
Post a Comment