Friday, August 24, 2007

Someone Tell Me Why I Blog Again?

I am escaping for a few hours tomorrow night to my favorite scrapbook store. Let's just be honest for a second, this chick needs a break from a certain cleaned out colon male. Only kidding, only kidding.

I started to get all my pictures together because I am trying to be "Susie Save a Buck Or Two" so when we move I can buy lots of fun stuff to decorate thy walls or buy some cute fall fashions. So what does Susie Saver do when she is going to the scrapbook mecca? I organize all my pictures with my papers on hand and pray, lots of prayer before I open the scrapbook store door. I pray for the good Lord to help me have willpower and wisdom and what not.


"Dear Lord, help me not to buy the things I need but only the things I really, really want!"

So here is one reason why I blog:

When it comes time to get the albums organized in chronological order do you know what I use to help trigger my memory?


The blog.

I have spent a good portion of my night sitting here reading my own blog. It's fascinating really, fascinating to a woman with an email address called Granny B.

(Let me pause for a second. Does anyone else find it strange that my grandmother would have an email address yet no computer and no way of knowing how even to turn the computer on or how to send an email. Seriously do you catch the irony, folks?)

And boy has my style changed from the first post. My personality is showing through like a mac truck driving on your tail in the middle of the night with his high beams blinding you in the rear view mirror. And when I started this adventure we call blogging, I was very serious, matter of fact, almost shy. So not like me.

So thank you for sticking around all these months and coming back to read more. Sometimes I wonder why you did but it does not matter really, I am just happy you have stuck around.

Because really it's nights like tonight that I realize why blogging is so important to me.

It's important because I know have my 2006 and 2007 scrapbook albums in chronological order. That is a blessing in and of itself!

Got to have them priorities folks, got to have them priorities!

3 comments:

Mayhem And Miracles said...

OH. MY. GOODNESS! Ditto everything! (Except the part about having my scrapbooks in order) THAT is what you'll miss when you have your kids! (Though I know it will be so worth it to you, cuz you do have good priorities.)

Kendra said...

Oh, to have a 2006 and 2007 scrapbook in the making. Too bad the last family one for me is completed, but is 2004. Do I even REMEMBER 2005?? We DO need to get together and scrapbook. I'm on a mission to get scrappin'!!!

The Timberframer's Wife said...

Always so encouraging to catch up with you! So glad Jeff is fine and am curious about his acting goals--has he started his blog yet? Hope you're doing real good--y'all take care! Robyn