Thursday, August 23, 2007

Praise God

Jeff is home resting now.

We are colon cancer free, the other issues can be fixed with medication and fiber.

Jeff had to go in alone to get his IV and what not...he hates needles, he was scared.

When the nurse called me in Jeff said, "Please pray for me."

I said, "I am."

He said, "No NOW."

So I lifted up his name to God and prayed right then and there for my sweet husband.

Could this be one of the reasons we went through this? We lean on each other so much more than before.

God is good.

The Nurse told me that if the procedure took more than 30 minutes than there was a problem to be fixed. It only took 20.

Big thanks to my mother in law for coming to sit with me.

When she walked in I started to cry.

Thank you, MIL for coming at the perfect time. I was about ready to flip out.

But God is good-He provided a support for Jeff and I.

My mom told me that I should never act "big and strong" to my mothers. That is what they are there for.

So next time, I will call MIL or MOM to be with us.

I am thankful that we never grow out of needing our mothers.

Jeff was funny when he woke up, very groggy.

Kept asking the same questions.

He is worried about Matt (his brother) who is in Mexico.

He asked us four times if we have talked to Matt.

On the drive home, he fell asleep.

I have now put him to bed called my mom and a few friends who have been praying with me.

And since I have been on the other side of the screen when you are praying for someone, waiting for an update, I thought I would not make you all wait for the results.

God is good. God is Good!

Thank you for walking this journey with us.

We are blessed to have each one of you in our lives.

Love

Susan

(and Groggy Jeff)

13 comments:

Kathy said...

Thanks for the update. God IS good!!!!!! I was praying all that would be necessary is a change in diet.
Recently my husband had a health scare concerning his liver. After many expensive tests it was determined that he was just spending too much time playing X-Box and drinking too many Breves - coffee drinks made with half-and-half. Basically getting fat and lazy. I know first hand the fear and the peace that can come only through God.

Jodi said...

Thank you Lord for sweet answers to sweet prayers! Love you guys!

Lori said...

Praise God!!!!!!

AJ said...

Yippee! All kinds of prayers answered.

Enjoy the day!

daughteroftheking said...

So glad to hear everything is good.
Be Blessed

Melissa Taylor said...

I was praying for him this morning. Colon cancer is a scary thing, and can happen to young people, so praise God that he is free of that. My dad had colon cancer before he was 50 (the common age to start colonoscopies), and it was a scary time. I am thankful that all is well.

Kelly said...

So glad to hear the good news!

Pearson Family said...

YEAH GOD! Glad to hear everything went well.

Lolly said...

Hi Susan,

I found your blog through your comment on Barb's. It looks like we live very close to each other. As I was "lurking", I saw you read some of the same blogs I do. I have followed your cousin Kanyon since birth. I found their blog through my SIL's cousin. 3 of my kids have gone to HSU in Abilene. Enjoyed reading.

Tracy said...

I am glad that everything turned out great. One big sigh of relief!!

Kendra said...

Good report, my friend! I was eager to hear news, but didn't check until this morning because I was busy yesterday at the hospital being a part of my niece's birth!! Annie was born yesterday at 4:50pm and she is so very cute! I'm praising God for lots of things this morning - your Jeff's good news top on the list!

Beck Boys said...

so glad to hear that things went well. God is so good and takes care of us when we need it most. Thanks for the update.

Susie said...

I am so happy Susan. Praise God, that is wonderful news. So glad you had your MIL there with you.