
Today is my friend Kim's birthday! I talked to this girl for quite sometime today and she did not even tell me it was her birthday. You big toot! For that you get a blog post for all the world to read.
1. Kim and I met at Pantego Bible Church when Jeff and I were newly, newly married.
2. I met her when Hudson was less than a year old (he is now 5) and Emma wasn't even a thought yet.
3. Our little small group split off from a bigger small group so that group became fast friends.
4. We had great discussions on Sunday.
5. Jeff was a new Christain during this time. Her husband Danny and another guy name Todd took Jeff under thier wing. They all used to meet for coffee once a week back in the day.
6. One summer Holly, Kim and I did a Bible Study together on Romans. I guess you can say the girls took me under thier wing too. I grew so much that summer.
7. Emma was less than a month old at this time.
8. We bonded while I was able to get my "baby fix" by rocking her little one.
9. All 3 of us and our husbands left Pantego at the same time.
10. Jeff heard about Metro Bible (our home church now) from Danny, Kim's husband.
11. I was so glad to have a familar face at church that first week in our new church.
12. Ever since that first day, we have tried to sit close to each other during church.
13. Kim and I bonded over our love of scrapbooking and getting crafty.
14. We also have bonded over our love of Jesus.
15. And we have bonded over blogging. She started reading my blog first and then got inspired to do her own. I love her blog. In her quiet way, she continues to challenge others to be more like Jesus.
16. One time she gave me a book, "Loving God with All Your Mind" that she thought would be a good read for me.
17. This book changed my life. And she said it would. You should read it too.
18. She is the "Scrappy Chick" weekend coordinator.
19. I am so thankful for her taking time to put this together every 6 months.
20. We all enjoy a good amount of bonding over this weekend.
21. She cracks me up when she says during the weekend, "Let's put on a movie."
22. She prefers a movie with a good soundtrack for scrapbooking.
23. Top Gun is always in the mix-I think it is because she likes the volleyball scene but she won't admit it.
24. She hates the sound of smacking gum just as much as I do.
25. Her kids are so precious to Jeff and I.
26. Emma comes into the santuary while we are practicing singing and waves hello to me while she dances a "Holy Jig" to the music. This girl is NOT shy and I love that about her.
27. Hudson made Jeff and I so proud this Sunday by memorizing the scripture that had pretty big words through out. He is growing up so fast. He has grown by leaps and bounds the last few months. God has great plans for this little man!
28. I am so thankful for Kim and Danny's friendship.
29. Danny works nights as a K-9 officer and she is the one friend that truly understands how hard it is to have a husband who works nights.
30. Especially when you are trying to start a family.
31. I am so thankful that God brought you in my life, Kim.
32. You are such a blessing to me.
33. And I am thankful that we still get to see each other once a week at church.
34. Not to mention, that you are my most faithful blog commenter.
35. Here's to the big 3-5!
And here is one to grow on: Thank you for inspiring me this summer to lose the weight. You look good girlfriend, you look good.
4 comments:
Man... (I'm in tears.) That's the best birthday present ever. EVER!!!
Honestly when we were talking this morning I didn't even think about my birthday... really... (o: just enjoying the convo!
You are SO precious Susan... thank you for being such a good friend who is real and faithful and FUN and honest and loving - oh and THE blogger who got me going... your friendship means so much to me.
My kiddos are so fortunate to have you and Jeff in their lives lovin' on them and being there for them.
Thankful to the LORD for you (& Jeff, too!)... ~ Kim
oh and hey - can't believe you figured out my Top Gun secret... shhhhhhhhh! (o: ha! ~ kim
Came over from Kim's to read this. Thanks for sharing this with us.
Susan
What a sweet post to someone who seems like such a sweet friend! Happy Birthday Kim!
-from stranger Jodi
Post a Comment