Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Get Ready, Get Set, Let's GO!




First off, thank you for your comments on the last post. I shared my story to encourage others who have felt fat at one point in their life. I hope if you are that person that you too will remember that you are a beautiful work of art made by God, no matter what you weigh!

Now, I can't be serious anymore because I am going on a ROAD TRIP.

Have you ever noticed that when you are gearing up to go somewhere that the to-do list becomes a mile long? It's been a little nuts around here. The plan is to work, work, work tonight so I can start goofing off tomorrow.

the to-do list goes something like this:

}finish up the 15th work reports

}file all the junk from my desk

}put the finishing touches on the women's ministry newsletter (1st edition)

}scrub the kitchen so it will be clean when I come home

}pedicure & manicure

}coffee with a few friends tomorrow night after bible study

}check out travel books and audio books at the library

}go to the grocery store for the travel necessities and snacks

}go by the storage unit and pick up suitcase and camping equipment

(Jeff and I are camping out one night in Kentucky)

}make the ROAD TRIP music CD because the IPOD does not work in rental car

}charge the camera battery

}check the weather and then pack up the fun fall clothes that I have yet to wear in Texas

}get the addresses together for our postcards

}Set Amazon account to "Vacation" mode

}Mail the EBAY stuff I sold this week to pay for scrapbook weekend

}pick up postcard stamps at post office so we don't have to hunt for stamps on vacation

}call the Mom & Dad before I leave and call my grandparents too

}quit making a to-do list I keep adding stuff to do before we go

}post the link to the ROAD TRIP blog so you all can keep up with us next week, you know you want to

Okay friends, as you can see I have some work to do. I will post the link when we are heading out of town so you can come check in with us there.



1 comment:

laura said...

Okay, so Nathan and I get into town and you're leaving... is there a strange coincidence there? When will you guys be back? I'd love to see you while we're home... have fun and safe travels!