Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Camp Keep the Kiddos-Day 2

I will have you know, last night I posted a funny post but forgot the pictures. When I inserted the pictures the text became micro size and I couldn't get the pictures right. That post is now in the trash and today I am starting fresh.


Yesterday Elijah and I played, played, played with a few work related things for good measure. We went to the library where he did his tricks for the librarian. My favorite is the one where he says "Whoa" like he is falling and then falls in slow motion. We then went to the grocery store where he helped me pick out yummy snacks for snack time at Aunt Sue Sue's. He say the Goldfish on the cracker aisle and yelled "FISH! Mmm!" Who could resist that logic? In the bag they went. We side walked chalked on my patio and played peek-a-boo non-stop. We watched a copy of Benji that I picked up at the library and the pretended that we were puppy dogs.

The Puppy Dog is starting to get tired.




Then the little puppy climbed in my lap and fell asleep. I moved him to the couch where he slept for 2 and 1/2 hours. Oh bless you Lord! I really got my work done then.






Later when we headed home he started to do his chores around the house, wiped down the tub and washed a few windows. He will be a great husband one day if he continues to help out around the house like he did today.



Now to Katy and Faith



They were very happy to see us. They asked me at dinner if I would pick them up from school. Sadly, I am still working but I promised them that I would give Elijah a nap earlier so that I could be there by 4 instead of 5.



Katy told me yesterday that she had to tell her teacher a few things she was thankful for at school today. I asked here what she said and she said, "Sadie, my dog."



(Pausing for the parents to laugh)



You see fellow readers, Sadie is a dog that Gunnar and Missy had when they were first married and if I remember correctly this dog became an angel before Katelyn was born or when she was a little baby. "But Katy, " I say, "That dog is in Heaven, right?"



"Yeah but I know that if I had a dog I would be thankful for it so I said that."



Hmm, works for me.


This is what she was wearing when I came to the house, MeMe had put lipstick on her. Doesn't it scare you a bit how grown up she looks?



No funny stories about Faith. She has been very, very good. She has been very helpful with Elijah. She was even making her lunch for tomorrow when I came in. She said she wanted to make her morning easier. I told her how proud I was of her for thinking ahead. She is growing up so fast and I love watching this beautiful girl blossom from the inside out.



Okay that is all for now.

Today (Tuesday) Elijah has been very cuddly. We sat and watched Sesame Street and he fell asleep. Lynnie said he was up at 5:30 am this morning. Now after a 30 minute morning nap we are watching Dora The Explorer. I better get to work while he is entertaining himself with Dora.

3 comments:

daughteroftheking said...

I love it Susan! Thank you for posting, it is really such a special treat to see them and hear how their days are going. Sady?!?! I am telling you that dog made a lasting impression on those kids they talk about her like they played with her or something. You are right I think Katy was 1 when she died. Love you
Missy

Susie said...

You should get the Aunt of the Year award! Have fun making those memories. It is a great learning experience too.

Jodi said...

Ahhh, blessed Dora. Reagan would be so proud... :)

Hang in there, Aunt SuSu!