Sunday, November 11, 2007

Camp Keep the Kiddos-Day One

Welcome to Day One of Camp Keep the Kiddos. The head master this week is Lynnie and Jeff and I are the camp counselors. Our mission for the week is to keep them safe and keep them laughing until Lynnie comes home from work so she can take over the night shift.

This should be interesting since I am still working and the week before Thanksgiving week is always the busiest week of the year when you sell furniture. (If you read this blog, please don't buy dining room tables this week, wait until after Thanksgiving and save yourself the headache of asking the question "Will I get my new table before Thanksgiving?" The answer is no, it's too late. Some dumb salesperson my guarantee it but they are LYING. They are commissioned sales people after all. All I have to say is just wait. For the love of God, just wait.

Warning: All complaints after you chose not to wait but called to complain that your table has not arrived, before Thanksgiving, will be directed to my two year old assistant for the week Who will happily scream in your ear to show you how annoyed we are that you did not heed this warning. Don't say I didn't warn you.

So...

Here is Day One in a nutshell for the parents who I know will read my blog hoping I will show pictures of their lovely ones but who will be sadly disappointed since I left the camera at home for Day One. Hopefully this in depth report will be an adequate substitute.

1. Load the kids in to the car to head to Cabella's.
2. Drop Uncle Jeff and girls off at door since Elijah was asleep.
(At this point, I am driving because Jeff refuses to drive a mini-van-he says "He just can't bring himself to do it just yet. Something about his manhood still needing to be intact.)
3. Elijah wakes up wants to go inside. So we head in with big man in the stroller. I am a smart Aunt to remember the stroller.
4. Lady tells me I have a beautiful son as we enter Cabella's. I say "Thank you" and walk on because he isn't my son but he is beautiful none the less. We also laugh about the difference between boys and girls because her girls first noticed the beautiful tree where my "son" first noticed the big deer and ducks hanging from the ceiling. "Boys are all the same aren't they?" I agree and walk on. While Eli continues to yell "Look! Look!"
5. Eli and I play look at that fish at the fish pond. "FISH!" "FISH!" While we wait for the girls to get done shooting upstairs at the gun shooting game with Uncle Jeff.
6. I decide to let Elijah out of the stroller to get a better look. I knew he wouldn't go back in so I said, "Katy! Your chariot awaits." And middle sister gladly sits down because she loves to be pampered. Don't we all?
7. The kids and I spend 20 minutes in the aquarium talking about the fish while Uncle Jeff is off shopping. We had so much fun checking out all the fish and trying to identify the different ones. The big catfish made Elijah jump back and scream like a girl when it came to up to the glass. We will have to work on him not screaming like a girl.
8. Walked around Cabella's looking for Uncle Jeff and playing with the popping guns they have for kids. Elijah started yelling "Jeff!" Jeff!" and would hold up his hands saying "Where are you?" (his parents will know what I am describing) When we found him Eli says "See! See! Jeff!"
9. Decide to drive to my dad's to play on the go-carts.
10. Littlest camper falls asleep on the drive there so Uncle Jeff and Grandpa sit by the car so Elijah can continue to sleep.
11. Meanwhile the girls and I are riding all over the grass on the go-carts.
12. Aunt Sue Sue picks up littlest camper and takes him in to rock in Grandpa's recliner while catching up with step mom.
13. Grandpa feeds all of us yummy snacks.
14. Grandpa lives next to a small airstrip so Grandpa, kids and Uncle Jeff head out to watch the planes land in his backyard. They are small, 2 seater planes and lots of fun to watch them land and taxi into their garage at thier own home.
15. Elijah shows Grandpa and Melissa his little tricks. Imagine a little break dancer in the 80's and you have a good idea of what his tricks look like.
16. Head home to eat fish sticks and spinach. Kids love this, because? Oh and Uncle Jeff drives mini-van for the first time EVER! I wish I had my camera to document. It was a little surreal driving a mini-van with 3 kids in the back watching a movie.
17. Uncle Jeff heads off to watch the Charger game with his Dad.
18. Aunt Sue Sue declares bathtime. Two youngest take baths while oldest showers, in the same room. Oh the laughs we had saying hi to Faith in the glass shower next to the bathtub.
19 Girls get out Elijah opts to play a little more. So starts the laugh fest between Eli and Aunt Sue-Sue.
20. Aunt Sue Sue heads home after being tackled by Eli numerous times while trying to say good-bye. I left the house with Lynnie telling Elijah to quit crying he would see me tomorrow morning.

Aunt Sue Sue is heading to bed now Day 2 to continue tomorrow.

P.S Tomorrow's post won't be so long. More pictures less talking- PROMISE!

4 comments:

Wade said...

Great game vs. Indy! But you need to get Rivers playing a little more confidence!

Kimmy said...

more power to you both... more power to you... (o: ~ kim

daughteroftheking said...

Oh Yeah!! I got on here knowing you would be writing!! Thank you thank you! I am glad they are having fun, I knew they would. Can't wait to see the next post. PS I saw they chargers beat the colts I bet Jeff was pumped!! Thank you guys we love you.

Kelly said...

What a fun aunt and uncle you both are!