I am understanding a little more why God gives us laughter.
It for those of us "moms" who are tired and worn out from running after a nearly two year old. But your weariness is washed away when the child starts to laugh. Doesn't it seem to make the world a better place to hear a child laugh.
Let me tell you, I am at a complete awe for mothers who work full time. I am at more of an awe for those of you who work at home and succeed. Jeff and I may have one more thing to add to our prayer list because working at home with a toddler is IMPOSSIBLE. Fun but impossible.
Anyway, I don't want this to sound like I am complaining because the truth is I have soaked up every minute and the best part is the point of all this post.
Eli has the greatest laugh.
He puts the babies on You Tube to shame. It is so sweet! Oh and when he cackles, melts my heart like butter.
Today I was holding him and a friend did a post of her babies laughing at each other. He heard it and pointed to the computer screen saying, "Babies? Again." So I played it over and over and over. Finally because I didn't want them to think I was camping out at their blog I pulled up You Tube and played a few of their babies laughing. He laughed right along with them.
Later we were playing "Tickle Monster" an Aunt Sue Sue speciality. Oh to hear him laugh was just so sweet. I am staying up late tonight to finish today's work but it is all worth it. Because today my day was filled with a nearly two year old' laughter.
And I tell you another thing that melts my heart. Before the tickle monster debut, he was sitting in my lap having a bit of cuddle time that is another favorite for me. He leaned up to me, hugged me tight, and kissed my cheek...just because. Oh how I will miss my daily tickles and pecks on my cheek from sweet little E.
So this ends Camp Keep the Kiddos post.
I will be laying low the next few days trying to get caught up on all that has been pushed to the back burner this week so I can play with my nephew.
1 comment:
His laugh is contagious isn't it? Susan thank you so much for these post. They have really made my day I look at them several times a day and just smile. I can't wait to get home tomorrow! See you soon.
Post a Comment