
I love a clean house.
And yet I realize once I have kids that I am going to have to set my limits a little lower. I mean who wants to be bending over cleaning all day when there is fun to be had with the kiddos? I think I will choose coloring with the kids over cleaning any ole day.
But there does come a time where you must take a time out to get a few things done.
Last night was one of these fine occasions, only because I didn't want Missy to have to come home to a total mess. Would you want to clean after coming back from California? I don't think so.
So I tell the girls, "Time to clean."
Faith was on board the minute I told her it was going to be fun. I insist on making cleaning fun...if I am going to do it. We pretended we were princesses locked in the castle and the only way we could eat yummy lasagna and get a HOT COCOA treat after dinner, was if the mean old evil granny (my mom) gave us the all clear. So we, the pretty princesses, needed to hurry because we only had 15 minutes to get things in tip top shape. But there was one little princess who DID NOT WANT TO CLEAN.
Katy says, "I hate cleaning. It isn't a game it is work!" (oh I wish you could of heard her say work. Too cute!)
This conversation lead to another conversation about what would happen if she became a mother one day. "My kids will clean." I was thinking to myself that's what I am trying to have happen here, right now, this present moment. My mind went into overdrive trying to figure a way to hold my ground but still have fun cleaning.
"Katy, let's race. I bet I will pick up more things than you in the fifteen minutes."
Long story made shorter: she didn't buy that either
So I did what any other good Aunt would do. I tickled her until she said, "Okay, okay, okay. I will clean."
This started us running all over the house as fast as we could. And when they started to lose momentum, I would run to the window and pretend I was looking for the mean old evil grandmother's car. This really got them moving. And I am proud to say that Katy the princess who doesn't want to clean, cleaned her room very nice and even came in and helped Faith make her bed and clean off the her sister's dresser.
And I thought you didn't like to clean Miss Thang?
Here are some pictures of the last time we had to play this game. The day that little Elijah came home from the hospital when he was born. Oh and Elijah now almost two years old, was helping by screaming "No, I want that!" Or something that sounded very similar to that. Let's just say he was the mean ole troll that worked for the mean old evil grandmother by making sure we didn't get our job done.


And for those of you who made it to the end of this post, here is my new all time favorite blog. This woman is one of those women who puts Martha Stewart to shame and inspires you to do the same.
So there, now you know my plans for the weekend, I will be putting my house back in order.
I will catch you on the flip side.
Stay tuned for the Cagle cousin Thanksgiving flashback photos.
3 comments:
great idea! make the kids clean! i think that's why mom my had 3 kiddos...not a bad idea!
Sweeet Story. Lucky girls to have Aunt Susan!!! Can't wait to see you Thanksgiving!
Marianne
I am so ready to see all of the flash back pics! Hurry, hurry...I am growing impatient...Great post, Aunt Sue Sue.
Post a Comment