Thursday, November 08, 2007

He Keeps Me Laughing!

This morning, I was reading in bed trying to prolong the time until I got up to start my day.

I was 10 pages out from finishing the latest mystery novel and I just couldn't put it down.

Jeff (who works nights) comes in from work and as always was restless going to sleep. Usually on days like this I will scratch his back a bit to make him fall asleep faster. But like I have already told you, I was trying to finish the latest mystery novel.

So this was the following conversation that took place between husband and wife this morning.

Husband: "Will you scratch my back a little so I can fall asleep?"

Wife: "Umm in a minute I am trying to finish this book?"

Husband: "Well I don't think that is very Titus 29 of you?"

Wife (still reading) "Why don't you try looking up Titus 29 and tell me how that works out for you?"

Husband: who repeats what wife just like he is four playing the "nanny, nanny boo boo" game

"Why don't you try looking up Titus 29 and tell me how that works for you?"

Wife: was starting to smile when she lays down her book waiting for what was to come next

And for those of you who have heard these such stories in the past know that with Jeff a zinger is soon to follow

Husband: "Well, I didn't realize I was sleeping next to BIBLE ANSWER MAN!"

That did it, wife died laughing! Told him to be quiet and go to sleep and then continued reading the latest mystery novel while scratching Husband's back.

And let me ask you, do I look like Bible Answer man to you?

Don't worry, I don't see it either.

7 comments:

Jodi said...

Y'all crack me up! :)

AJ said...

Spittin' image.

Anonymous said...

Titus 29 is my FAVORITE passage! ha! ha! That's too cute... and I don't know... maybe distant cousin to Bible Answer Man.?.?.? ~ kim

Kimmy said...

not sure why it did that on my comment above... let's try again! ~ kim

Tracy said...

how funny. it sounds like yall always have so much fun together! ...that's how marriage is supposed to be! :)

Pearson Family said...

Too funny! I am gald you compromised!

Kendra said...

You are so much cuter. Really.