I have had two calls in the last 1o minutes both of which these two loving friends have told me to take time for myself. They are faithful readers to this blog so I realized I may have whined a little too much. So to ease thier minds about my going non-stop I wanted to share with you some of the fun things I have done for me this week.
Tuesday night my mom came over for dinner. It was so strange to hear her signature tap-tap on our front door. Jeff says we haven't heard that one in a while. It was nice having her around for a few hours like old times.
Wednesday night my future sister-in-law Meredith and fellow book worm went to the Bass Hall to hear a lecture by my all time favorite author, Sue Grafton. Later we went to Chili's Downtown and ate salads while watching the Maverick game. The bartendar didn't know what to think of us, two girls talking about our honey's and watching our favorite basketball team. Oh and only drinking water. He kept saying, "You sure you don't want a margarita?" Positive water is fine.
Thursday night my other sister in law Amy and I went to see the movie Enchanted. It is so cute. I want to go see it again. Missy, Paige, Kendra B shall we? I really like it. Plus Patrick Dempsey is just so yummy! It is another chick flick I will add to my library.
And tonight, Jeff and I are going on a double date with some of our good friends. I think these friends were our first couple friends outside of our family. People that we met together after we were married and both adore. So there, I am not all work and no play. Promise.
Tomorrow is a certain nephews birthday so I am going over to his house to give him his gift that may just give us the title of Greatest Aunt and Uncle. So to his parent's that is your warning that Jeff and I will be coming by around 12:30 to play with you all.
sunday, I am making a Special Events Calendar for all my birthdays with my scrappy friends.
So now you see that I am not all work and no play.
Now if you will excuse me, I am not logging into the computer until Monday.
this chick needs a break from her computer screen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Awww...good for you, Susan. Take some time. There's nothing more important than taking care of yourself. But time with family runs a real close second. :-)
good for you! (o:
happy and busy times...
nice Christmas Card by the way... I love it... ~ kim
I loved Enchanted.
Enjoy taking time for yourself. You deserve it!
Post a Comment