I really don't want to whine but I could really use the prayer.
The holiday season is a busy time of the year for everyone. It's just that this year it seems like things are more hectic than most.
Jeff's brother is getting married on December 22nd. We are so happy for this and can't wait to share in Matt and Meredith's special day. But it is a busy, busy time.
Then as many of you know, Jeff works for Fed EX. He will be working the Friday before Christmas which is also the night before M & M get married. He works nights so he will have no sleep going into their big day. He is Matt's best man and he is glad to take one for the team so to speak but it will be a crazy day. A fun day but crazy.
And then today, I get an email from my boss telling the team that we will be working the 14th, 15th, 16th and 17th as we are trying to open a new Ashley store in 7 days. It normally takes a full 14 days to get it together.
So I reply back to my boss to let her know about M & M's big day. She says "No problem, I just hope we are open by then because if not we are going to need you on Friday." Well as many of you know, the day before a wedding is crazy especially when you are part of the family. I had already told Meredith that she could count on me to help decorate the venue. And now I will just have to pray that the store is open and ready before Friday.
And can I make my whining a little longer?
thank you!
Because of how Christmas falls this year Jeff will be working Christmas Eve and will head to work early the day after Christmas. I too will be working the day after Christmas so we are busy, busy, busy, busy!
But you know, Jeff is off work January 5th for a full 10 days. We already decided to do our Christmas then so that is done. And it is only for 30 days it has to slow down at some point, right? Thank God for daily routines and to do lists because this is the only way I am getting through this time. Oh and prayer, lots and lots of prayer.
Tis the season to be jolly! Fa-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-lah!
Thursday, December 06, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hey Susan,
I will be praying for you during this time of busyness.
(We are decorating our gingerbread house as we listen to your Christmas favorites. :) Thanks for sharing!)
I was a Sr Mgr at FedEx for 16 years and 5 years after leaving I can just now breathe at Christmas. The first Christmas I was home full-time I sat on a park bench and cried.
I'll surely pray for your busyness! As I sit by the fireplace...smiling.
Blessings! Kim
Post a Comment