Thursday, January 17, 2008

Score!!!

Yesterday I was doing the weekly grocery run at my local Wally World when over the loud speakers I heard, "All Christmas Items Only 50 Cents per item!"

I thought to myself "All of it!"

And the voice over the speaker says, "That's right, all Christmas is 50 cents each located in the Lawn and Garden area. So thank you for shopping at your local Wal-Mart and go make it a great day!"

Well, you don't have to tell me twice.

A full grocery cart swing and I was on my way...after I apologized to the poor guy I almost plowed over on my hot pursuit, of course.


So I started looking through the crap stuff still waiting for a home and found these stockings. I thought it was Divine Intervention since my colors are gold and red. And since they were just 50 cents a piece I bought 4. Yes 4, why the heck not. I mean we do plan on having 2 kids so how's that for walking by faith?

After I add a little red something something they will be perfect and not look like they are heading out disco dancing.

I mean come on for 50 cents a piece I think I can do something with them. I am thinking of sewing a pretty red and gold tassel to them to cuff. What do you think?


I am open for some creative inspiration if you have any suggestions.

2 comments:

Jodi said...

Fabulous find! I got ours last year for $8 and I thought that was good!! You got me! :)

The Timberframer's Wife said...

I don't know of many rushes like when you hear a special sale announcement at Walmart. What a deal! Were your eyes really closed as you prayed in that picture? That's an issue around our house, not of my making, but between the girls. Actually, Laura doesn't understand why she can't go ahead and partake of her meal if she's not disturbing those of us praying. Y'all have a great week!