Friday, January 18, 2008

Discovering Me

1. Vintage Apron, 2. soho red door, 3. joe's" house, 4. the office, 5. 20051124 - First Snow of the Year - 1, 6. buttons, 7. Cure, 8. Hide and seek, 9. we could be friends vintage pin back button set, 10. Suitcases, 11. Gingerbreads., 12. Christmas inspiration ...

I discovered this idea on Ali Edwards website. And the last few days have found that I like vintage items and I love the color red.

After I realized that I love the color red I made a list of everything red in my life for the past 30 years.

1. I had a red little red riding hood coat made by my grandmother.
2. My grandmother made Annie's dress when I was little and I wore it often.
3. My first pair of glasses were bright red rimmed glasses.
4. My lunch box in Kindergarten was a red Strawberry Shortcake.
5. My school's colors growing up were red and white.
6. Our school mascot were the Red Cardinals.
7. My first car was a red (more maroon) Ford Taurus.
8. My favorite robe I wear around the house is red.
9. I have a red pashmina that I love.
10. I am the proud owner of a red leather jacket.

Truth is, I didn't realize how much I love red until I took this journey of self discovery through the Flick files. Fascinating, really.

Oh and one more red thing you can add to the list.

Jeff promised me that when we have a house, we will have a red door either the front door (if it looks right) or somewhere in our house probably leading to my office/craft room. Because Jeff also promised me (even if we purchase one of those portable buildings and stick me out back) that I will have a craft room and an office separate from my living room. But for now I am just happy discovering that my true, authentic favorite color is red.

That's all for me this week.

Have a wonderful weekend!

5 comments:

Jodi said...

Yay from another RED lover! I'm getting a red front door too! :)

Thanks for everything this week. Love ya!

Tracy said...

RED! That is my favorite color too.

Red is good :)

Judi said...

I remember the red Annie dress! And both you and Jenni liked Strawberry Shortcake! Red was my favorite color when I was growing up, too. :)

Mayhem And Miracles said...

I have been back reading over several of your last posts. Just know that you do have a ministry here - one of wisdom and more importantly to me, encouragement. I appreciate you. And I definitely want to get back that way to MEET you sometime soon.

Karl, Andrea, Kaden and Leland said...

I am a lover of red also. I have known it for some time. My grandmother, dad and Amy are all obsessed with red. I think that it is bred into the Zant family. Good post...it was fun to think of all of the things and the significance of color.