In less than 24 hours I will be 30 and I am super excited about it.
A new decade, a new era, a new beginning.
The twenties have been good to me. I met many wonderful people while at ACU, came home at the perfect time to meet and fall in love with Jeff, married the man of my dreams, let go of past hurts and dissappointments, met some wonderful people in my married life, kept in touch with most of my friends from childhood, started pursuing a few of my dreams and have learned the art of living in the moment.
Life is good.
Life should be celebrated.
I swear this is the last year that I will go all out on my birthday. Next year will just be cake and ice cream with my family and a night out with my sweetie. But this year...well I am moving into a new decade and so therefore I want to celebrate my journey.
Tonight sister friend and I are heading to the movies to see 27 dresses. (just a good excuse to go see a movie at night since I ususally only see matinees since it is so much cheaper)
Tomorrow, my birthday, I am getting up early to head to the local garden park for a few hours with my LORD, praising Him for all that He has done and all that He is going to do in my life. Then I will head over to see one of my favorite people named TEE-NAH (I am getting a mani/pedi) Later that evening I am dressing up and heading to the City Club for dinner with Sam and my mom (Jeff is working). And Sam swooped in to save the day since I was truly, truly bummed that Jeff wasn't able to get off work. Thank you Sam!
Friday night I am scrapbooking with a few of my favorite scrappy chicks at "The Pad". What's funny is I have a few friends coming who have known me since I was a teenager and a few friends I met in my twenties. It will be a sweet time together-celebrating friendships that span the years.
Saturday Jeff is taken me out on the town and taking me to pick out my birthday present. Let's just say I will be watching March Madness in style.
Sunday night we are having the traditional family dinner at Macaroni Grill.
And that, my friends is my birthday in a nutshell.
Yes it is over the top. And yes I am a bit embarrassed about all of it.
But next year, I am scaling it way, way down.
But one thing I truly believe in...everyone's birthday from young to old deserves to be celebrated. Because your life is special and deserves to be honored. And so that is why I choose to celebrate all my friends and family on their day. And choose to celebrate my day, my life, my journey in style.
Have a great few days, I am obviously going to lay low from blogland. But I promise a full wrap up when I return.
Wednesday, February 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Happy, happy birthday to you! I am turning the big 3-0 in 7 months and I hope that I will handle with such grace as you!!!
Happy Early Birthday! Just wanted to say that, until I talk to you tomorrow... :)
Happy Birthday tomorrow if we don't see you again for a couple of days. 30 is fun and life only gets better. Enjoy you fun.
Happy Birthday! I'm all about weeklong birthday celebrations...enjoy the wonderful 30s!
Post a Comment