Sunday, February 17, 2008

4 Days and Counting


The birthday celebrating has begun. The other night I was organizing some old memorabila from high school to start a scrapbook of my life story. I thought this would be a fun week to look through this stuff and get it ready to one day assemble it into an album. While I was looking through this box I came across this banner picture above. If you look close, you will notice it is a Strawberry Shortcake banner.

On each of my birthdays growing up my mom would hang it over our fireplace. This poor thing hasn't been hung since my eighteenth birthday. I figure 30 is a good year for it to make a reunion in our house.

While sorting out the past (i.e letters, pictures, old birthday cards) Bravo was playing Grease 2. If you know me at all, then you know that this was my and still is one of my all time favorite movies. I watched it over and over again when I was a small girl. What I thought was funny is that Bravo played it two times in a row. It was like they knew I me or something. I had a blast!
Saturday afternoon we celebrated my cousin Lauren's new baby on the way.
I am posting a few pictures for the cousins who couldn't make it.

The Hostesses with Lauren. Doesn't Lauren look cute?

The Sisters, both pregnant with little boys...

A current picture of Cousin Paige and Me...my mom did very good. I am proud of you mom for taking this picture!!!


Sweet baby lovin'...



This morning Jeff and I planned to go to RHCC to hear Cousin Andrew's group sing. Usually I never have to set the alarm because I wake up at 7 a.m with or without the alarm. When I woke up at 7 today I was going to shut my eyes for a few more minutes and sleep for a bit. I didn't wake up until 11:30! Yeah that's right, I slept way too late. Sorry Andrew, we really were going to come and see you.



Jeff and I had a wonderful day though doing nothing but hanging around the house. I don't remember the last time we just took time out for us. Hubby even made pancakes.



See...


And right now we are watching The Brave One. I am a little scared so I am blogging to keep me distracted from the scary plot line. This is why I lean towards TCM, those movies are not that scary.

(spell check where are yoU!? help a lazy writer and bad speller out will you?!?!)

7 comments:

Kelly said...

I want a cooooooooooool rider. A cool, cool, cool, cool rider. I want a C-OO-L. R-I-DER.

I'm with ya! :)

Kimmy said...

Happy Birthday Week to 'ya...

Great shower pictures... you've got a pretty family! (o:

Missed you yesterday... Mike preached - it was AWESOME... you've got to get the CD - you and Jeff will love it.

~ kim

Pearson Family said...

The current picture was much needed! Thanks for pulling that together, I must get a copy. Saturday was much fun, and have fun this entire week celebrating your birthday! Love you!

Rachel said...

I hate that I missed the shower! And I love that you get a whole birthday week. I've tried to sell Clint on this idea, but it hasn't worked as well as I hoped. We'll try again this year. Especially since I ALSO will turn the big 3-0.

Lynnie said...

I so spoiled you and your brother with birthdays - sorry Missy and Jeff! Party on - God made you special!

Loved the shower - I can't wait to meet the new babies! It was great connecting with Jana, too!

Kendra said...

Glad you are enjoyin' your bday week!! We have lots to chat about on Friday night. And you take pictures of the most random things (all to just post them in your blog, no doubt!). But the heart with hands over the prego belly is sweet. loved it!

Susie said...

Isn't family great! So glad you have fun at the get together. Great pictures! May your whole week be a birthday week to remember!