We aren't big on going all out on Valentine's Day. Call me crazy, but if we are going to do anything romantic I would prefer it be on my birthday not a hallmark holiday as Jeff describes it. And you see one birthday not too long ago, Jeff proposed to me. Obviously now we have a special place in our hearts for my birthday rather than Valentine's.
But...
Jeff's work schedule changed for this week. He is home at night with me for the next 5 days. He asked me a few days ago if I would like to go out to eat. I said, "Nah! Let's stay home." (Having worked in the resturant industry for many years, eating out is the last thing I want to do on this day) So he said, "Are you going to cook then?" I said, "Nope not cooking but I will think of something."
Before Jeff came home yesterday, I went to Wal-Mart to enjoy watching the hussle and bustle of men buying junk for their sweeties. Make sure you mark that on your to-do list for next year, it was so much fun watching men trying to figure out if they should get a teddy bear, balloon or flowers? Some looked very nervous, some looked mad that they had to buy it and some had the sweetest look on thier face which made me want to follow them home to see what was up thier sleeve for sweetie. I spent a few minutes standing off to the side watching this and it was the best free entertainment of the year.
Then I hurried home to close down the office before Jeff came home. Office=living room. I cleaned the house, finished and hung a few loads of laundry and pulled out a few candleabra's that have never been used since we were first married...5 years ago.
Jeff called on his way home from work so I called in our dinner.
When Jeff came home, this is what he came home to

And later we watched "The Good Year" that we got in the mail from Netflix. Although we didn't finish is because the disc was too scratched up at the end. So we ended the evening watching Ace of Cakes, my all time favorite cooking show.
It was a sweet night without flowers, a 5 star dinner and dressy clothes. Who says you need all that junk to say Happy Valentine's Day to the one you love?
4 comments:
Sometimes the simple things are the best things....and make the sweetest memories. Good for you!
So many times it's the time together, no worries, no stresses, no other people sitting at a table two feet from you :) that make things special! And I totally agree with the male frenzy funniness, but next year may I suggest a location change to your local Hallmark, it's quite a sight as well.
Great job on a specail day and kick-off to your b-day week.
I think we have the same dishes! How cool is that!
LOVE the dinner choice . . one of my all time favorite spots! Good to just be with your man! Sure am looking forward to Friday, you old woman, you!!
Post a Comment