My goal for today was quite simple.
Laundry and rest.
I finally shooed Jeff out the door so I could enjoy the solitude of cleaning my house without interupption. Don't get me wrong, I love Jeff but he likes to get in the way more than help. And the confindes of our little one bedroom apartment can become a bit unnerving at times.
Today I have done more than laundry and rest.
I have chatted with family members, dusted, vaccumed, cleaned out my closet, did our lesson for small group tomorrow and have relished every minute of my time to myself.
My closet brought me a wonderful surprise today too.
I have a shirt that I bought online from Harold's awhile back. When it arrived in the mail I couldn't zip it up on the side. I was so dissappointed and chastized myself for trying to buy clothes without trying it on. For the last few months, every once in a while I will see that darling little shirt hanging in my closet and just have to try it to see if it fits. Every time, I get closer and closer to closing up the trap so to speak. Today I decided I would try it on once again to see if I could get it to fit. Imagine my delight when I not only was able to zip it up but was able to breathe, move around and raise my arms without it being too tight on my arms. Jub-i-lation!
Couldn't life get more better than that for a woman? Not sure. Because today I am so happy I just my burst my shirt that I have spent many, many months trying to fit into.
When Jeff saw me wearing the shirt he asked me when I planned on wearing it? I said, I would wear it when he threw me the birthday party of the year to which he just shook his head and walked away muttering something along the lines of "Lord help me."
I tell you what loosing 30 pounds has been the best birthday present for this soon to be 30 year old. I just can't wait to see what gift is coming next.
I am off to clean and watch the Absent Minded Professor.
(spell check is down, forgive the mistakes yet again!)
Saturday, February 09, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You go, girl!! Good feeling, that loosing the pounds thing!! I'm looking forward to more and more blessings coming your way for 2008, my dear one. Expect blessings -
yes!!! fitting into things that used to not fit is such a good feeling!!!! :) congrats! strut yourself around!
Way to go! That's when it happens...when you quit studying the scales. Y'all take care!
Post a Comment