This weekend was busy and it was fun. Jeff and I talked about how much fun it was to spend quality time with all the nieces and nephew.
Here are the highlights from our weekend.
- I decorated eggs with the J-kids this weekend while Mommy and Daddy were at church. They did very, very well sharing the colors. Poor E got tired at the end and laid down on the kitchen floor. I later picked him up and put him on the couch. You can tell from the pictures how tired he was.
- Later we went over to celebrate our friend Chris's 30th birthday. The kids had so much fun playing with the blow up joust, llamas, jumping on the trampoline, Guitar Hero, Skee Ball and busting a pinata. Chris and Jenn, you guys know how to throw a fun party! Thanks again for all the fun events
- The next day Jeff and I headed to church. What a blessing it was to worship the Lord's resurrection. As I was singing, I was moved by the fact that we had to add chairs so that everyone could have a seat. I also enjoyed watching a few of the kids sing very well this Easter Sunday. Last year we had a hard time getting them to sing but this year a few really came out of their shell. Jeff's sister and niece came to church today too. I loved seeing Hayley in her Easter dress. She is growing up so fast!
- Later we went over to Jeff's parents to celebrate the day away. Hayley was the event planner and boy did she not disappoint. We colored eggs, smashed a pinata that Hayley made in her Spanish class and made the men hunt Easter eggs. This whole weekend was super fun and a real blessing for us to just unwind a bit. I hope you all had a wonderful Easter Holiday.
Look at the pieces flying off the egg from Meredith's whack!Which way do I go?!?!
The Chicks! If you look closely, my t-shirt on the arm says, "Chick"
the men were the finders, Hayley hid the eggs.
Uncle Jeff won the golden egg for the most eggs found. Hayley wanted to determine the winner by each of the men doing thumb wars! Thankfully Nanny stopped that and counted the number of eggs instead. Hayley is going to make a great camp counselor one day.
HE IS RISEN!!!!!!!!! Alleluia
And we all fall down...
I love this picture of little Sarah. She & Katy became great friends
Faith's victory pose after she beat all the boys one at a time.
Look at the concentration on both Faith and Marie! :)
The birthday boy, Chris
Oh and Mike we missed you this weekend! Hurry back! :)
Oh and Bonner and I are tied in the March Madness bracket fun!
7 comments:
Wow! Great picture post! I'm glad you all enjoyed the party. I was so glad everyone came and played hard. :) Looks like you had a fun Easter, too!
Looks like yall did have a busy weekend! It is so neat that your nieces and nephews have such a fun aunt and uncle!
Looks like ya'll had a blast!! The picture of the trampoline without a net kinda scares me but i'm sure they were well supervised!! Thank you for making them feel so special!
Fun times, fun post! I'm still sitting on all my stories to tell . . .and too tired to share them tonight, dear one! love you
Your family is too much fun! I swear you are the coolest Aunt and Uncle in the South! And YALL know what a big deal that is. O.K. first, you all look very pretty in the photo where you are all looking down and second, is that your sister in the mother/daughter photo?
Looks like you had a great weekend, and you have some good lookin neices and nephews! You look great by the way!
Looks like y'all had a wonderful Easter weekend--sorry this week has been so hectic for you! Have fun relaxing this weekend!
Post a Comment