I am not one to drink my daily amount of water. And ever since I started the WW I have been keeping track of my water intake each day. WW online provides a feature where you can click a little glass of water for each glass you drink.
Can I say that I have completed all 8 glasses of water only a handful of times?
Folks, this is a tad bit pathetic! PATH-E-TIC!!!!
But have no fear I have come up with a solution to help me solve this problem.
1) I pulled out my plastic pitcher that shows the total ounces on the side.
2) Filled up the pitcher to the 64 oz point.
3) Purchased a bundle of fresh lemons to make my water just right.
4) At the start of each day, I cut up two lemons (4 wedges per lemon) so that I can have a slice of lemon for each glass. (I know I know obsessive compulsive!)
5) I challenge myself to drink the full 64 oz. before 8 p.m.
And since I am drinking more water, I have decided to cut out the sodas. Umm...it's day two of no soda and let's just say I miss my DP.
I am also curious to see how many pounds will come off now that I am not drinking soda.
I will let you know in a week or two.
Wish me luck! I just may need it since I have a killer headache from no DP!
Wednesday, April 02, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Girl - hang in there....hubby and I gave up sodas several years ago....after you get used to it, it's not so bad -- and giving up sodas helps the ol' budget, too! Now, when I taste a soda, it tastes NASTY to me, because I haven't had one in so long. My only beverages of choice now are water, hot tea, coffee and WINE! :-)
Hey - I'm a lurker who is also named Susan and also blogs about books and is also on WW. I have a WW blog, although it's in desperate need of updating - http://sendmeskinnyvibes.blogspot.com. Anyway, I just wanted to say hi and good job with the water!
Water. It's so over-rated.
I never get all mine in, either. It starts sloshing in my tummy and then I feel nauseous.
You have all my blessings to pop open a DC. Or is it DP?
I don't know if WW agrees, but when I was doing South Beach, it counts decaf sugar-free tea as water. So that is how I get mine in! I make about a pitcher of tea per day with Splenda. Now, who knows what kind of cancer that causes, but it keeps me from cokes and that has to be good. Plus, I get my antioxidants! But what the heck, I still see no weight loss from this. Hopefully soon...
Confession: I did have a real coke on Sunday for the first time in forever. We were at our all-church cookout. I go over to the cooler labeled coke and DC, and there were no DC's. So, I decided the Jesus wanted me to have the coke. It was glorious.
You can do it, Suz!
I'm going on 40+ days of being soda-free - I don't even think about it anymore!
I didn't have any headaches but I was VERY thirsty - which should help with the 64 oz of water!
The extra baggage didn't melt away immediately but just today I noticed that a usually snug-fitted pair of pants were suddenly quite loose and baggy
Sa-weet!
If an Imperial Sugar addict like myself can stop cold turkey then so can you!
Just so you don't feel too bad about not drinking 8 glasses of water, my husband learned in school that you get much of the water you need from your food intake. I don't know what percentage. You have to ask him, but that makes me feel better. Cutting out cokes is probably still a good idea though.
Don't worry about drinking that much water. http://www.boingboing.net/2008/04/04/best-practices-for-w.html
Post a Comment