Monday, April 07, 2008

OH PRAISE HIM!

The other day I was sitting in the doctor's office waiting for the nurse to come in to administer another test. I had a few minutes to reflect on my journey and wonder why God chose us to go through this process. I wasn't feeling sorry for myself but I was just wondering why God picked us. And that is when it hit me, God is taking me on this journey because I am willing to share it with others. I am willing to tell people of the ups and downs because I want to show God's faithfulness, provision and leading for us. I also want to praise God for all that He is teaching me.

The morning of the doctor's appointment I woke up feeling very apprehensive. This test was to determine if I would need surgery again. I have had surgery before and I think I was working myself up into a fit because I know how it works and the pain that comes afterwards.

In my quiet time, I did the usual reading of the Daily Chronological Bible, writing out my thoughts in my journal and then I sat for a bit and just enjoyed listening to the birds outside. (I love spring!) And then I read this verse by chance.

"I am confident of this: I will see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD." Psalms 27: 13-14

Friends, do you understand what this verse is telling me! I am confident that God will answer our prayers for children. God knows the perfect timing for all of this to happen and so I wait for the LORD. But I wait with peace that passes all understanding and a joy that radiates from within.

The good news came that day too, there is nothing wrong with our bodies!!! Everything is working in the baby making department, there is no need for surgery at this time and now we can sit back, relax and wait for the LORD.

I believe God is teaching us to wait. I believe that God is teaching us to wait with joy and not sadness. I believe that one day we will raise the roof with praise but for now, I raise the roof with praise knowing that one day I will be able to raise the roof with a positive pregnancy test in hand.

So I choose joy! I choose praise! I choose to live one day at a time with total confidence in the LORD. And if you don't believe me, well the fact that I can write this, on the day that we start another cycle, without tears, without sadness should be proof to all of you that God is doing a mighty work in me.

God is good, His timing is perfect and He has a plan for me!

Thank you LORD for proving to Jeff and I this past month that there is nothing holding us back from having children physically and that your are alive and active in our lives.

Oh Praise Him!

9 comments:

Kathy said...

Great news! Enjoy this time that is just the two of you. Sooner than you know it "fun" part of this whole babymaking business will be a thing of the past. A demanding baby, active toddler, or knowledgable teenagers makes it more challenging to find time alone.

Pearson Family said...

It is a choice! I am thankful for the example you are being to many, including me. Hang in there...lunch soon!

Jodi said...

As always, thanks for sharing! You rock. :) Praying and waiting with you...

Karl, Andrea, Kaden and Leland said...

We are thankful that you are blessed to have bodies that will be great for baby making!

Julie said...

I CANNOT wait to meet your children and tell them with certainty that God meant for their story to unfold just exactly when it was. How meaningful to know that God will bring them to a place and time where they are living and interacting with people who need them in their life and need them to tell them God's story. And that God picked your children to come at that very time because those people needed them. How great is that?

The McCarter Family said...

WOW! What a mighty God we serve! I am so happy for you and the changes you are seeing within yourself! Thanks for sharing your journey with us! Praying that God's timing will be soon if it is HIS will! God bless you!

daughteroftheking said...

fantastic news!!

LlamaJ said...

That is great news & I am happy for you both! Praise God for His perfect timing, which he will reveal to you eventually!

Kendra said...

That is an AWESOME report!! Praise Him! And I know He is proud of you for honoring Him as you wait. And I'm proud of you, too, dear one.