Do you ever hear a song or two that strikes a cord or two with your present situation?
I have a few that I have dubbed as Songs To Cling To, these songs now hold there very own play list on my IPOD called Songs to Cling To and a copy of a CD has been made to keep in my car. These songs bless me, fill me and lead me back to focus on Jesus in the present moment.
It's easy for me to get frustrated because certain things are not happening but I refuse to let Satan get a foothold in my home, car and heart.
Here are a few lines from the songs that have spoken to me lately:
Ginny Owens, "If You Want Me To"
"And I don't know the reason why You brought me here But just because You love me the way that You do I'm gonna walk through the valley If You want me to....But You never said it would be easy You only said I'd never go alone "
Mercy Me, "Bring the Rain"
People asking me how I can praise You with all that I've gone through. The question just amazes me, can circumstances possibly change who I forever am in You....Bring me joy, bring me peace Bring the chance to be free, bring me anything that brings You glory. And I know there'll be days, when this life brings me pain, but if that's what it takes to praise You Jesus, bring the rain
Steven Curtis Chapman, "The Miracle of the Moment"
It’s time for letting go, all of our if only’s, ‘Cause we don’t have a time machine. And even if we did, would we really want to use it? Would we really want to go change everything? ‘Cause we are who and where and what we are for now And this is the only moment we can do anything about
So breathe it in and breathe it out, listen to your heartbeat . There’s a wonder in the here and now, it’s right there in front of you. And I don’t want you to miss the miracle of the moment.
And if it brings you tears, then taste them as they fall. And let them soften your heart and if it brings you laughter, then throw your head back
And let it go, let it go
And to the friend, who gave me wonderful advice this past week, thank you. You know who you are, you know what you said, but what you don't know is that God used that time to touch me in a mighty way. Bless you friend.
And to all my other friends who read this and start to worry. Don't worry I am good, just wanted to share these songs with you. But you can always pray for me because who doesn't need prayers, right?!?
Tuesday, April 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Praying daily for you sweet friend. Love ya! :) :) :)
Love those songs! Love you!
You have good taste in music. I am the same way about clinging to certain songs that lift me up and encourage me when I'm in need. Praying for you friend!
Hey! The songs you cling to are the songs I cling to! That makes them DARN GOOD songs then, huh? I wish you well - you've been much on my mind.
That's a great idea, I'll have to add that to my ipod. My husband did something that deleted my account, so I have to start from scratch putting back on the music and making playlists.
Hope all is going well and thanks for stopping by and checking in.
One day (I keep hearing around retirement) things will slow down and I will catch up with everything and everyone.
Post a Comment