
And you would too, if you were sitting underneath the NE Mall food court waiting out a tornado.
Let's rewind shall we...
Jeff and I went walking earlier in the day and I mentioned something to him about how it looked like it was going to rain. He responded by telling me that I need to be alert tonight in case the storm turns severe. Sure, no problem, I wasn't scared. I grew up in Texas, you learn to stay on your feet and you learn at a young age not to freak out.
And do you remember this from this time last year? Well, who wants to relive that drama?!?!
Here is the bullet points from my adventure:
-Jeff calls tells me to head to the mall. What? Giddily I ask, "The mall?!?!"
"Yes, the mall. Park in the parking garage and walk the mall for a few hours, see a movie whatever it takes to pass the time." And I am thinking, "Wow I just won the lottery!"
Hmm quality time at the mall. WHO IN THERE RIGHT MIND WOULD PASS UP THIS GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY! I felt like I was 13 again being released from the my jail, I mean, home.
I head off to the mall, without my cell phone but my latest novel in hand, just in case I had to sit for a bit.
I start to shop because I would be S-T-U-P-I-D to pass up an opportunity like this.
I was buying some much needed make up when the trusty security guard comes in screaming for everyone to get down to the corridor, and I quote, "A storms a comin! A storms a comin!"
"Corridor? What the heck is a corridor!" I say to myself. Sweet shop lady explains to me that is the basement under the food court. And I think to myself, "Sweet an adventure is coming!"
So I head to the CORRIDOR, like a single cow in a big ole herd heading to the slaughter house.
-And if you have ever been to NE Mall, then you know that I have to pass a Sonic to get down the stairs.
And if you were heading to God only knows what, you too would break the vow of no soda.
The Route 44 was good to me, while I read my book, people gazed and caught up with a fellow RHS grads. Yes, you read that right. Only yours truly would find a tornado coming through as an opportunity to socialize.
It sounded scary for a bit but I had read in my quiet time that morning about Jesus calming a storm so I knew when the time was right, Jesus would calm the storm. I ain't scared. I kept reading, sipping my super sugary Cherry Coke and saying hello to a few old friends.
Sadly, Jeff may rethink the evacuation plan when he realizes I bought a new pair of jeans after the drama had passed. I justified it by telling myself I was a TORNADO SURVIVOR!!
The reality is that it really wasn't a tornado but very, very high winds. I choose to exaggerate because a tornado sounds so much better and justifies buying these. They were on sale after all.
And I just survived a tornado!!!
:)
6 comments:
I'm glad you survived! Those were some strong winds!
I don't think I have ever been ordered to go to the mall! You are so lucky! :)
That is awesome and definitely would happen to you. What better place to be stranded in a storm than the mall with a good book and a Sonic inside??? Jeff's lucky you came home!!!
Great pair of jeans!! I had lunch with your mom today and she told me about Jeff ordering you to the mall. Maybe you could tell him to tell your brother to do that to me next time!!
What better place to wait out a storm than NE Mall? I remember in HS being sent to wait out some high winds in a random room in the office. It was seriously so much fun! And I stop at Sonic pretty much everytime I go to the mall...then I head to Great American Cookie to get Jackson an ICEE. We have our routines.
There is little in the world of colas that satisfies quite like a Route 44 Cherry Coke. That is what I get to splurge too. Lately I sip on the Vanilla Diet Coke during their Happy Hour twice a week. Not too bad either. Glad you are okay and have a new pair of jeans. Good jeans are a nightmare to find for me.
Yeah, saying you survived "strong winds" kinda sounds vague, go with "tornado" or "cyclone". Glad you kept your wits about you and purchased some sustinence for your ordeal.
Post a Comment