Thursday, May 08, 2008

Tonight I am Thankful

Today was a day. Not a bad day, not a great day...just a day.

Over the last few weeks, when I have a day like this, I make myself (yes I said make myself) write down something I am thankful for in that day. Thinking on other things, always makes me happy.

Here are a few of the moments and things that made me happy.

1). During one of my moods, I was on the verge of a big meltdown. Jeff cuts me off in mid-sentence and says, "We need to dance." He then goes and pulls out my Ricky Martin CD (yes, I own a Ricky CD) from back in the day and starts dancing to this song. I have never laughed so hard in my whole life. Let's just say that Jeff does a mean running man!

(The music is still playing in the background while I type...excuse me, I need to dance.)

2). On another day, where I was feeling yucky-there was a knock on my door. My co-workers sent me a dozen roses and a box of Godiva truffles with a note telling me that I was a real blessing to the team. I quickly hid the box from Jeff and stopped to smell the roses. You will never hear me complain about my job. I am blessed. (It was admin appreciation day, not some random day-or random gift out of the blue!)

3). I have a list of friends that are regular readers to the blog. A few weeks ago, I wrote a post about feeling yuck. I received 3 calls and 4 emails from these friends telling me that they loved me and were praying for me. I love my friends.

4) Not too long ago I realized that I had a box of Godiva truffles hidden from Jeff. I sat on my bed and ate them while watching 27 Dresses. And since it was the weekend and Jeff was off work, I decided to share. One can never say that I am not a good wife!

That's all for now! Have a great weekend and Happy Mother's Day!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

LOVE the Ricky Martin story! :)