Monday, June 30, 2008

Great Is Thy Faithfulness...While Living in the Moment

This past week has been hard on Jeff and I. I think we both were surprised with how sad we have felt. When you consider that this Saturday was the 30 day mark of Maudie being checked into the hospital for a small case of pneumonia, you begin to realize what a whirlwind this has been for us. And it has only been a week since her funeral. It's only natural that we, the ones left behind would feel a little lost and confused.

If there is one thing I have learned from this past month; God is faithful to fulfill all His promises in due time. I guess that is one reason I broke down on Sunday while singing "Great Is Thy Faithfulness." (Unfortunately I was on stage) Up to this point, I hadn't really cried or felt sad for loosing Maudie. This whole time instead of feeling sad, I felt joy. Joy because Jeff and I were able to talk to her about Jesus and experience the transforming power of the Holy Spirit firsthand in her life.

Yes we are sad. Yes we are hurting and rightly so. We lost our grandmother after all.

Yesterday after church, Jeff and I sat in the car and talked about the next phase of our journey. For months now I have felt nothing but peace for living in the moment. Jeff hasn't really believed that I am able to be joyful in the waiting, he has been waiting for the other shoe to drop. I don't blame him because getting to this point has been filled with gut retching tears. Every time I try to explain to him that month after month I am okay, has left him wondering if what I say is true. I feel like our conversation yesterday finally made him realize that I am indeed okay with the waiting. I know that God's timing is perfect and I know that if we were to have the desires of our heart before now, we may not have been as invested in Maudie and her salvation. I praise God for knowing what is best and giving us one of the greatest memories of our life.

And so, after much discussion and prayer, Jeff is on board with being joyful in the waiting too. He promises that he will not sit and watch me like a hawk waiting for the other shoe to drop. We are going to enjoy this summer and simply live in the moment. We look forward to God blessing us in the future, but for now, at least for the next 60 days, we are just going to enjoy the time with the two of us.

Because like we sang yesterday, "All I have needed thy hand have provided. Great is thy faithfulness, O Lord to me!"

Thank you for praying for us through our journey!

1 comment:

Susie said...

You are awesome girl! That's all I can say when I read your heart on this post. Truly awesome!