
For the last two weeks I have been looking at the Deer Run website looking for pictures of Hayley Bailey. When we went to visit her on Sunday she pulled me aside and was telling me about the little boy she wanted to catch for Sadie Hawkins day. She said, "Aunt Susan, I wanted to give him a hug the other night but chickened out." In my mind I was thinking "YOU'RE ONLY 10!" But soon realized I was the same way when I was her age so I better just go with it and not freak out. Instead I told her I was proud of her for not hugging him first, a boy should ALWAYS make the first move!
So as I am looking through the pictures today and I realized that I may have found her Sadie's date. Do you see her in the pink? Do you see her hand resting on his shoulder?
OH MY GOODNESS!
I think my niece has her first Deer Run crush!
Is that her hand or the boy next to him? I am just wanting to make sure- I would hope that chick-a-dee would have listened to me Sunday. LOL!
Edited to add: After much debate between her Aunt Susan and Uncle Jeff we have declared the hand to NOT be hers. But you can gurantee that I will take this picture and find out who her Sadie's Date was this year.
And mom, did you have to mention that story....
6 comments:
It's kind of hard to tell, since the picture isn't too big (even when I click on it). Hmm. I think at 10 I had a huge crush on Jonathan from NKOTB!
I was looking at her arms and I do not think that is her hand. But then, what could it be?
Due to the fact that I want our relationship to florish, I will not tell blog-land all the concerns I had as your mother - and they began before the age of 10. Do you remember the story of Joseph.....
Mom!
Jeff is right, that is not her hand. Her elbow would have to be bent or her arm broken for that to be her hand.
Way to go Jeff. I wonder who is more concerned about sweet Hailey and a crush....Susan or Uncle Jeff?
I remember first year at CDR - don't know how old we were but I think it was around 10 and I STILL remember you and Sean Spencer!
Lindsay! No you DIDN'T!!! Why do you have to call me out.
Now, no one else better mention any other names! I have a rep to protect. :)
I always love reading your blog. This post brought me back to my old camper days:)
Post a Comment