Thursday, June 12, 2008

I Applaude You!

Over the last two days I have had a few conversations with young mothers who are worn out and feeling a bit overwhelmed.

If that is you, then please read on.

I wanted to let you all know that I am very, very proud of you. And even when you feel like you are failing miserably in the parenting department, you aren't. I promise! Because at the end of the day, you are able to walk back into the room and see that sweet baby face sleeping ever so gently and all the love comes rushing back. The love you feel in that brief moment is just enough to get you through one more day with you sweet tod.

I am studying the Israelites time in the desert this summer and today I read about God providing them with manna by day and quail by night. God tells them that He will give them just enough for that day and I believe the same can be true for you too. God will give you enough strength to make it through today. Lamentations 3:22-23 reminds us that God's mercies are new every morning. Philippians 4:13 tells us that we can do all things through Christ who gives us strength.

Sweet friends, be encouraged today because the Lord is with you. The Lord delights in every detail of your life. (Psalms 37: 23) So commit everything you do to the Lord. Trust Him, and He will help you. (Psalms 37: 7-8, I paraphrased)

Don't give up sweet friends. You can do this-cherish these moments with your young, stubborn, hyperactive, need to discipline every five minutes child-because one day they will grow up and be older versions of what they are today (stubborn, hyperactive, need to discipline every five minutes).

I love you all and am praying for each and everyone of you today.
You Can Do IT!!!!!!

God bless your journey!
Susan

5 comments:

LlamaJ said...

Thanks, Susan. That is very encouraging, and you're so sweet to post this. David is screaming right now because he doesn't want to go down for a nap. I think we've backtracked a little.

Kelly said...

You are too sweet. Good words to hear no matter the sitaution.

Rachel said...

Sweet words! I think I needed to hear that today.
Love you cuz!

Tracy said...

Thanks for the encouraging words!! You are right...on days that my boy tests me every 2 minutes and I'm worn out by the time he goes to bed at night, I walk in and check on him as he's sleeping and the rough day seems like a distant memory and I feel nothing but huge love. :)

Kimmy said...

very encouraging words... thank you... needed to hear that for sure... ~kim