Jeff and I received a call today telling us to get to the hospital to say our final goodbyes to his grandmother.
We both were floored by this news since yesterday she was just fine. We were able to have a very lengthy conversation about God's love and faithfulness. We reminded Maudie that God give us strength step by step and does not expect us to walk through life on our own. Jeff prayed with her before we left and his prayer was absolutely beautiful. He left me speechless.
As we headed to the hospital, I called two of my sweet friends to give me the pep talk I needed. Thank you friends! When we pulled into the parking lot, Jeff grabs my hand and begins to pray for whatever lies ahead. Again I was floored. Jeff has defiantly become a mighty prayer warrior over the past year in our time of waiting.
And today we sat around and waited, talked to a few doctors, fed her ice chips, prayed with her, prayed for family members and passed out Kleenexes (I carry tissues at all times during moments like this) Later while the family talked things over with the doctor, I sat with Maudie and talked to her about Heaven. I am so very encouraged by her belief in God. I am sure in recent weeks I will share a few of our conversations but for now I want to cherish them myself. Tie them up with a ribbon around my heart and hold on to them tightly for a bit. God has been faithful to answer my prayers and God has been faithful to provide me with words, scripture and strength for that moment. God is faithful to meet us in our present state-praise God for that!!!
I will keep you all posted since blogging is how are sweet family stays connected.
Continue to pray, we will need it.
Oh and Maudie asked me to sing at her funeral tonight, a task I am honored to do. Tonight I sang to her her favorite bible song (as she calls them), Jesus Loves Me. Is that not the best bible song ever written? And I sang to her my favorite bible song, It Is Well with My Soul. We cried through both but praise God I got to sing those two songs seeing the sweet expression on her face while doing so.
God is good. So very, very good.
Monday, June 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
catching up with you this morning. will pray....big hugs and MUCH love!
Praying for you and your family Susan. How special that you got to share such sweet songs with her!
We are praying for ya'll during this time. Loss can be so hard but it is our human nature that makes it that way. We will continue to pray
I'm glad you have been able to treasure your final moments with her, but I know that must be so hard! Sending prayers your way... Love you!
Lots of love, prayers, and hugs from me! For Jeff too... I know this is so hard.
Oh, tears. Sweet memories God gave you in the last moments, dear one. What a blessing . .
Post a Comment