Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Prayer Request Needed!

I have been telling Jeff lately that something big is coming, that we need to get prepared for what is about to come next. I don't know if I have mentioned this in blog land, I know I have told a few of you in person and it is all running together right now. Please forgive my forgetfulness if I sound redundant. I have not been sleeping most nights, around 3-5 a.m I am fully awake with a strong sense of urgency to pray for my family. The top of that list is Jeff's grandmother Maudie.

Two weeks ago, Maudie moved in next door as I am sure I have told you all before. Well not really next door but close enough for us to be at her front door in less than 5 minutes. The past week she has been in the hospital with pneumonia. She has been getting better but hasn't really been able to shake it. This is scary for someone in her eighties.

I received a call today from my sister in law telling me that we needed to pray, that she was calling all prayer warriors to unite. I braced myself because that is what I do when I feel like God is calling me to pray in a mighty way.

Maudie has spots on her lungs that the doctors are concerned could be cancer. We will know more tomorrow but let's pray that the spots are not cancerous. But with or without cancer, let's pray that Maudie be open to hearing the gospel.

So please join me in praying for open heart and cleared lungs.

God will be glorified no matter what through this!

Pray for strength for Jeff and I too and that when God opens a door for us to minister to her that we jump through that door strong and courageously!

Oh and one quick thing, it is not coincidence that one of my morning prayer sessions were spent writing down and memorizing scripture that deal directly with salvation. I spent most of that time highlighting and marking these scriptures. Because you know that verse, that says to be ready in and out of season to present the gospel well I couldn't help but feel like that was a good time to get my bible ready. To me, nothing else matters at this point.

5 comments:

Pearson Family said...

I will be praying sweet cousin.

Jodi said...

I too am definitely praying. What a blessing you two are in her life...

Kimmy said...

will be praying friend... ~ kim

Karl, Andrea, Kaden and Leland said...

We're with you...on the Lord's side!

Mayhem And Miracles said...

Susan, I truly felt the need on this request to spend some lengthy time in prayer with God for Maudi, then for my own lost family as well. I pray, I pray, I pray she hears the Gospel clearly and lovingly. I am praying for you and Jeff and your other family as well, as you take to her the message of our Loving Savior, who died for her sweet soul. I am with you in prayer, not as a matter of encouragement, but truly seeking the Lord's intervention on her behalf and yours.