Thursday, June 05, 2008

The Summer Bible Study

First, thank you for praying for Maudie's health. No news yet but I will let you know as soon as we hear. I am so thankful for the peace that I feel right now in regards to Maudie. A few of Jeff's family members have relayed conversations that have taken place with her to let us know that she is on the right track. Praise God for that little insight into her heart.

Moving on for a minute...





When I was 22 years old, I did my first ever Beth Moore study. I did this by myself as a way to help me get back on track with God. At this point in my life, I was as far away from God as I have ever been. Yet, you wouldn't know it because I put on a good face when I was around many of you. But trust me, I was living far away from God. God used this Bible study to pursue me like He has never done before. Although by week 6, I quit doing the study because my guilt got the best of me. During this time in my life, God brought two families that loved me, supported me and lovingly encouraged me let go of people and situations that were keeping me from fully loving God. I praise the Lord for bringing these people alongside me in my time of need. They truly helped me grow into the woman that I am today




Now eight years later, I am redoing the new and improved study with my summer bible study friends. My life today is completely different than it was eight years ago-to God be the glory! Yesterday, the Bible Study Chicks started this study and later that day I had lunch with a 22 year old friend whose life is a mirror image of mine back in the day. I pray that my words were able to touch her somehow even though I know that she may have to walk this journey, just like I did, in order for God to truly transform her.

All I have to say is I am thankful that God has brought me out of that place. I am thankful for God healing me from the inside out. I am thankful that even when I gave up on myself, thinking I had messed up too much to ever be forgiven that God proved to me that my thinking was totally wrong. God was faithful and for that I am thankful!

2 comments:

Brooks Inc. said...

Susan-

I am praying for Maudie as well...and wanted to let you know how I praise the Lord for the work His has done/is doing in you!

Sure love you!

BJB

Kimmy said...

That book looks really great... I may have to pick that one up for myself this summer... I've been looking for something. By the way... Kari LOVES reading what you said about DWTS - she said she agreed with you completely... anyway... it was a fun phone conversation... love you! ~ kim