Tuesday, July 08, 2008

5 Things: Jeff's Thoughts On Pregnancy



Jeff has said a few things regarding pregnancy, raising children and newborn baby sleeping arrangements in the last few weeks that have left me feeling a little nervous about how he is going to handle when our time comes. Thankfully Jeff's family has decided that they would do me a favor and start praying without ceasing for me.

I guarantee that the following stories will make you want to do the same for me. LOL!

So in honor of Cousin Britt's birthday today...here goes nothing.

1. Brandy (Britt's mom) had a wort removed the week that Maudie first went into the hospital. Brandy came from the doctor's appointment to the hospital and was wearing a pair of flip flops. First off who doesn't wear flip flops when you are nine months pregnant and top it off the middle of summer? First thing out of Jeff's mouth after hearing she had a wort removed, "And you are wearing flip flops to a hospital?!?" Brandy laughed and says, "Cous, look at my feet!" And then he says..."S*&t! Your feet are fat! I have never seen feet that fat before." This was the first comment where we realized that Jeff is absolutely clueless to the life of a pregnant woman.

2. Maternity Wear- Jeff asks his sister, "Can you wear the same outfit the whole way time?" Which we took to believe that I was going to get one pair of maternity jeans and shirt to wear the whole nine months, every day. But it all fairness, he was talking about if you buy a pair of maternity pants will they stretch out the whole time.

3. Baby's Crib- Meredith found a crib on Craig's list that was a great deal. The lady wanted to include the babies mattress in the deal. Jeff said, "Jump on it, sister! That is a deal!" Which made us all just stop and look at him. It wasn't like the mattress was wrapped in plastic and it wasn't like she knew the family. Meredith said, "That's gross, I can buy a baby mattress for next to nothing, I think that is what I am going to do instead." And Jeff says, "It's a baby! How dirty could they be?!?" Uh, mom's out there, why don't you tell us how dirty your little pooper can be!

The following were said to Brandy Saturday night, 2 days before she gave birth to baby Britt.

4. Inducing- Jeff says, "How does that work? Do they put a little Crisco down there to slide on through?" Thankfully, Brandy died laughing and told him she would let the doctor know about the new breakthrough.

5. Feeling Huge-
As you can imagine, 2 days before you are about to give birth you feel huge and like Brandy says she feels like her skin is going to tear apart. Jeff later says to me, "I don't know why she is complaining. I am bigger than she is and you don't hear me complaining." Thankfully he was only joking when he said this.

And before anyone freaks out, Jeff loves to say stuff for shock value, I guarantee he will be just fine when my turn comes. He was just trying to get a laugh and another blog post...PROMISE!

4 comments:

LlamaJ said...

That is hilarious!! I love the Crisco comment especially. And then feet...oh my, I can relate. Mine were so bad that I had to wear extra-wide flip-flops for the last month.

Pearson Family said...

Thanks for the laugh this morning! As far as swelling, I dropped 12 pounds in like 3 days this past week! ALL from fluid! I was a monster!

Jodi said...

Ok, I love the feet comment! I can SO hear him saying that!!!! Too funny. What a man...

The Timberframer's Wife said...

Wow, he is in for a rude awakening. I bet he will keep you laughing the whole nine months.