They say that you never stop learning even after you finish school. In honor of many of my favorite little friends and nieces starting school this week I compiled a list of things I am learning these days.
1. I am learning what it means to have a gentle and quiet spirit when you are not typically a quiet person.
2. I am learning how to take time out for me and say no. I recently cleared off many items on my to-do list and I feel wonderful. I will post more about this later.
3. I have learned that my husband flourishes when I encourage him rather than nag.
Side note: Have you encouraged your spouse today? If you need help try the 30 Day challenge, it will be a huge blessing I gurantee it.
4. I am learning that when I am restless on what the future holds I tend to cover up these feelings with busyness. (See #2) Instead of the go, go, go mentality I am learning-slowly learning- how to rest in God's plan and relax heart, mind, soul.
5. I am learning that life is meant to be enjoyed one step at a time. I am learning what it means to be happy and content in the moment wheter than waiting on certain things to bring me happiness.
3 comments:
Hang in there. God works in ways we do not even realize.
love this list... love this list... love this list... (o: ~ kim
On the nagging, I'm embarrassed to say I was encouraged by this bumper sticker on the way to work Monday: "Wag more. Bark less." I'm trying to remember it with my kiddos at school too.
Post a Comment