Thursday, August 21, 2008

Thankful Thursday



Yesterday I did not feel thankful but when I was talking to my friend who wrote the poem below, she reminded me of something I taught her a few months back. You see, I keep a prayer journal and in it I try to write at least one thing I am thankful for from time to time. Reading my words never fails to lift my spirits on my down days. I can always fall back on my written thoughts and realize how blessed I truly am.

Here is what I am thankful for today.

1. Christan community- I don't know how people can through the ups and downs of life without fellow believers around them. What a blessing it is to have people around us who can love us, encourage us, prayer with us in every season of our lives.

2. Growth-I am thankful for the growth in my husband. I am thankful for the growth in myself. I am thankful for the growth in our marriage.

3. Grace- I am thankful for friends and family who are willing to offer me grace when I fail them. I am thankful that God's grace is bigger than my humanness.

4. The Cross- This summer while doing the study A Woman's Heart, I was reminded again of the significance of God sending His Son to die on the cross. We are blessed to have this free gift given to us.

5. His Word- I love it when I sit down to read the bible and a scripture jumps out at me that is just what I needed for that moment. It just goes to show that there is truth in the scripture that says "Gods word is living and active."

To join in with your list see Iris at String My Heart.

4 comments:

Denise said...

Precious thankfuls sweetie.

Susie said...

Hey Susan! I haven't done "A Woman's Heart" before. I'm thankful you mentioned it, and for reading your list of thankfuls!

Nancie said...

Lovely thankful list, Susan! It is indeed a blessing to have people around us who can love us, encourage us, pray with us in every season of our lives. They are special gifts from God. I am thankful to God too for giving us the Bible. Thanks for sharing your thankful heart with us. May God continue to enable your husband and you to grow in Him! Take care.

janet said...

Hi Susan, Love your thankful list. I can really identify with it...especially the part about how scripture can just jump out at you and be just what you need at a particular time. This has happened to me too many times to count...truly something to be thankful for!

Blessings, Janet