Emotions running high, I found myself on my knees early this morning. When the phone rings and a friend from church is on the other line, I tried to act happy but the minute she asked me how I was doing I cried.
Long story short, God used this woman to minister directly to me. Later in the day I receive an email from her with an original piece of poetry. Whether or not it was written for me is unclear but the verse she used at the end is the verse that I have been resting in over the past few months. I praise God for Christian community because it never fails when you need them someone is there. I deleted the author's name just in case she wants to remain anonymous but most of you from church (past or present) should recognize the writing style of this sweet, sweet woman.
Nestled Beneath God’s Wing
If only I were there with you,
You’d know how much I care;
But ‘til I am, I’ll lift you up
And whisper in my prayer. . .
“Give her, Lord, a glimpse of You
That she might understand,
While troubles press on every side,
She’s held within Your hands.
Embraced by You, and nestled close,
She’s tucked beneath Your wing;
Seeking refuge in Your arms,
Her Protector, Lord and King.
And then, Lord, in Your small still voice
Unlike she’s ever heard,
Encourage her with promises
Revealed within Your word.
So when in times she cannot feel
Your presence by her side,
She’ll find the grace to draw upon
Through faith that You provide.”
So every day I’ll pray for you
Whether near or far apart;
Lifting you up to our Lord
While I hold you in my heart.
Psalm 91:4
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That's beautiful.
I love the poem. And I love you, Su-su!
Hang in there!
Post a Comment