In the past few weeks, I have challenged myself to read more non-fiction books. I am not usually one who likes to read non-fiction but have found that I am not wanting to read the fluff books either. Jeff suggested that I try a few biographies or autobiographies of people that I admire and I must admit I intrigued with this idea. After spending a few hours at Half Price books I found a few books that I have put on my fall reading list and have even thrown a few fiction in to keep my brain from flashing the word "TILT" across my eyes.
Books to Make Me Look Smart:
1) Shadow of the Almighty by Elisabeth Elliot
2) God's Wisdom for a Woman's Life by Elizabeth George
4) Life lessons from Corrie Ten Boom by Corrie Ten Boom
5) Mosaic: Pieces of My Life So Far by Amy Grant
6. Peace Like A River by Leif Enger
Books to Keep Me From Becoming A Super Genius (or something close to it):
1) Forever In Blue by Ann Brashares
2) Sunset by Karen Kingsbury
3) The Book Thief by Markus Zasuk
4) Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult
To add your own book list, see what others are reading or because you just can't help yourself from being one of those people who loves to click on links when the opputurnity arisies, than go here.
Happy Fall Reading!
3 comments:
Love your categories. :) I read The Book Thief a year ago, and really liked it, though it did take me a little while to get into it. And Nineteen Minutes was good, but heartbreaking (very Picoult-like!).
Thanks for being part of Fall Into Reading '08!
Looks like a great list! I look forward to reading your reviews. Good luck on your reading journey!
Feel free to drop by my blog and look around a bit...maybe even leave a comment or two. :D
I love your list... I'm reading the book thief now and it's very good... heart breaking but good. I plan to add some of yours to my list... thanks for sharing! I LOVE READING!
Post a Comment