Friday, September 19, 2008

Kicking It Old School

Last night I went and walked the halls of RHS since they are about to tear down the old portion to fit the new school. I did not go to my high school reunion because I knew that everyone that I really wanted to see graduated a year before or a year after me. When I heard that they were going to do a MEGA reunion to get all the decades together I decided that I would give it a shot.


Here is a picture of one of the halls, I hated this hall because it was the Math hall. And well, we all know my distaste for math.


But it was in Math class my freshman year where I met my best friend in high school. Her name was also Susan and our math teacher, the coach of the football team, nicknamed us Susan2. (that =susan square for those of you mathmatically challenged). She was my first friend and became one of my dearest friends very fast. I still have notes that we passed back and forth at school that were signed Susan2. Many great memories with this chick! And I bet you didn't realize that Elvis is also a fellow alum and good friend. LOL!



And here is my locker! I loved that locker because it was located in the middle of the school and next to a door that led to the side of the school. This helped me beat the crowds and gave me more time to chat with my friends between classes.
> This is David looking at the class pictures. We dated most of my sophmore year and we have remained friends ever since. Last night I teased him and called him a frog. He didn't understand for a minute until I told him I had to kiss a bunch of frogs until I found my prince. My prince being Jeff of course!
The library! I lived here my junior and senior year becasue I was in AP English and we had to write many research papers. My senior thesis was on the topic of change and I quoted the Cranberries song that says, "All my life is changing every day, every possible way!" I scored very high because I was being creative. That's the day that I realized the key to a high grade is a bunch of creative b.s. with good quality sentence structure. Am I right or am I right?

And the basketball court.... (this ones for you Nat Rat!)
Susan wrote for the school newspaper and they had a few old copies of the paper. We found an article she wrote with her picture from the good ole days. Oh how we laughed when we saw that picture. I even remember her talking about writing the article we found. Strange!


Tonight a group of us are meeting at my place and heading to the game. Jeff is being such a good sport with all of this. I have to give him kudos because he told me today that he was looking forward to meeting my friends and hearing some of my crazy stories from back then. But I know that it doesn't mean the same to me. And as many of you already know (and experienced) I am still as crazy as ever.

Or it could be the fact that the portion I am attending is free. You all should know our family motto by now...say it with me..."If it's free, it's for me!"

Happy Friday!

5 comments:

LlamaJ said...

Oh I don't think you're that crazy. At least I've seen crazier. ;)

Kelly said...

Wow, that brought back some serious memories. I didn't know the old part was going to be torn down. Did the other Susan used to have dark brown hair? I'm getting old and the memory is fading, but I'm pretty sure I remember her from newspaper. I was a newspaper nerd. :) Thanks for the flashback! :)

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

kelly, that is the same Susan she remembers you and told me to tell you hi! :)

Kimmy said...

I didn't make it to the reunion... I forgot! But I'm glad you have a few pictures... fun for me to see. Go Rebs!

Natalie said...

Thank you for the picture of the b-ball court. I have many a fond memory of watching people play on it while I rode the bench. :)