Let's walk down memory lane, shall we? Do you remember the theme songs to your favorite shows as a kid? I do,thanks to one of my high school boyfriends who bought me a CD called 70 & 80's Greatest TV Theme Songs.
The other day I found this CD in a drawer and started listening to it again. This, of course, lead me to search You Tube where I spent the next 45 minutes walking down memory lane. Since I was a latch key kid, I have way more than 5 favorite TV shows so I will do another batch one day soon. By the way, I don't think my mom realized how much television my brother and I watched as a kid. And I believe this post will take the wool off her eyes. She will now know that we did not spend our time after school doing the list of chores that she left. Instead the majority of our time was spent plopped down in front of the television. We rushed around to do our chores five minutes before she came home, you know, after we received her phone call telling us "I'm on my way!" Guess the jig is up now, huh?
Here is Part One:
1. Greatest American Hero (still love this song)
2. Facts Of Life
3. Small Wonder
4. Punky Brewster
5. Growing Pains (uh, can you say Kirk Fever!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Did you watch 'Out of this World'?
fresh prince of Bel Aire?
OH...and the show that came on right before or after that....STINK! It had that girl on there...BLOSSOM! That was it!
OK, I know all those songs, too. Our particular favorite at the Worley house was Greatest American Hero. We still have it on tape! So, I guess I was watching the TV as much as you -- only with Jenni and Jay.
LOVED Greatest American Hero - the theme song and the show. William Katt was on Heroes the other night and boy, has he gotten old!
Okay, how about Love Boat, Simon & Simon, The A-Team, Silver Spoons?
I loved Small Wonder and still have that song memorized. Every time I tell Wade about the show, he thinks it is crazy.
Post a Comment