Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Super Yummy!!!




Homemade Lasagna

1 pound ground beef (I sub turkey)
2 large cloves garlic, crushed (I use two huge scoops of minced garlic in jar)
1 28 ounce jar favorite spaghetti sauce
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 12 ounce container of cottage cheese (I have been known to use 16 ounces...mmm)
1 and half teaspoon of pepper
8 large noodles, uncooked
1 10 ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained (squeeze out all the water)
2 cups (8 ounce) shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup grated parm cheese

Preheat oven to 350

Crumble beef and garlic in large skillet. Brown and drain.
Add spaghetti sauce.
Combine egg, cottage cheese and pepper
Spread 1/2 cup meat sauce in 13x9x2 inch baking dish. Top with 4 uncooked noodles, cottage cheese mixture, spinach, meat sauce, and mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers, and cover with foil.

Bake for 50 minutes.
Add Parmesan cheese and bake uncovered for 10 minutes.
Let stand for a 15 minutes before serving.

I got this recipe from Easy Weeknight Favorites by Southern Living. If you don't have it, get it, it's chalk full of fast, delicious meals. Men, hook up your honey! Your wife and tummy will thank me!

3 comments:

Tracy said...

YUMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I may need to try out this recipe later this week! YUMMMM.

Susie said...

My mouth is watering. I'm not kidding, I have to go get a tissue. Okay, maybe I'm kidding a bit. It looks delicious!

LlamaJ said...

Wow. Looks like a masterpiece!