Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The Lil Miss Bookworm Syndrome

Every once in awhile I will go through a season I like to call The Lil Miss Bookworm Syndrome. It's during this time where I check out multiple books and read all of them in rapid succession. Then there are times where I rent the same amount of books and have to recheck them out two or three times because I am just not reading much.

The past few weeks I have been reading nonstop. I read Mary Poppins, Walt Disney's Biography and Peace Like a River (actually I have a few more chapters in this book). I went to the library this past week and checked out a few biographies to read. That's another thing I should tell you about-I am going through a biography phase. I have never read someones biography for fun until I read the story of Walt Disney. His life fascinated me so much that I thought I should read about others lives that seem fascinating.

I rented the following biographies to read: Ruth Bell Graham, Laura Bush, Kirk Cameron and Amy Grant. You may think of me as a total nut when I tell you how much I am looking forward to reading Kirk's story. I think there is a little bit of a crush left over from my teen years. I had multiple BBop pics of him taped to my walls back in the day.

So let me close by sharing with you my current books marked to read in Good Reads.





Widget_logo

2 comments:

Jodi said...

I heart Mike Seaver.

Kendra said...

You ARE a little bookworm, my friend! I love reading as well . .just finished one of Karen Kingsbury's novels in the 9/11 series . .very good. Almost opened the next one just a minute ago but resisted ..need to prioritize some household duties first and I REALLY want to get to working on Brady's scrapbook - yes, his baby book - now that he's almost 3. Can we say just a tad bit behind?!?! Enjoy your books!