
Yesterday I saw a cardinal sitting on a branch outside our window at the new house. Why is this important? Well let me tell you.
You see the past few months I have been playing a little game with God over the past few months each time I visit the house. As I have been praying for God's leading on where He was leading us I have also prayed for a sign. The sign? A red cardinal.
For the past six months every time I have been at the house I start looking for my cardinal. In fact, on the drive over, I usually ask God if today is going to be the day I see my cardinal. I guess I should also mention that I am prone to talking out loud to God while driving.
Yesterday as we were getting ready to sign our name on the dotted line, I happened to look out the kitchen window. Do you know what I saw? Yes! That's right, a cardinal. I got so excited that I cried out "My cardinal! I have seen my cardinal!" Which lead to me getting that look from Jeff saying you better explain yourself rather quickly or they will think you are nuts. After I explained myself my friend June said, "Isn't God good?" Yep. God is good.
How cool is it that as we were signing the contract that I see a cardinal outside the kitchen window? God's timing is perfect and I feel so blessed that He brought us the cardinal at just that moment.
Plus with a view like that washing dishes sure will be a sweet time!
2 comments:
That's amazing.
And did you take that picture?
Cardinals are so beautiful... a cardinal family nested in our front yard last spring... when those baby birds hatched I don't think I nor the kids got anything done that day as we watched the momma feed the babies... and the daddy hung around keeping watch... love that a Cardinal is encouraging YOU!
Post a Comment