
The above picture is the pear tree in our backyard that is starting to bloom. I think it is beautiful, don't you.
We also have two plum trees in addition to the pear tree. That right there is one of the main reason we wanted to purchase an older home-mature trees. Score though on the fruit trees. I see a lesson in preserving in my future. Many of you should see a jar of pear and plum preserves in your future too since there is no way I can eat them all by myself.
Anyone know how to do pear and plum preserves? I am going to need a bit of guidance there.
On another note, our apartment office was broken into the other night. Nothing says "It's time to move like a burglary!" Sigh.
We turned in our 30 day notice the other day. The leasing office called said we had to give a 60 day notice. My question is what's the point of going month to month if we have to stay an extra month?!? Sigh.
Jeff is helping me see the bright side of this, we can take our time moving. He wants to do a bit of fixin' up before we move into the house. Things like laminate flooring and painting are easier to do without furniture. The extra 30 days will help us get these things done. See, I can see the bright side of things too.
This weekend Jeff and I celebrate 6 years of marriage by going to a gun show. FABULOUS! I am wishing and hoping he will let me take the car and shop at the antique mall down the street. I know he will because it allows him to browse as long as his little heart desires. I still don't understand how a bunch of men can stand looking at the same gun for 45 minutes. The last time I went with him, I sat in a chair against the wall and watched the men shop. There was one gun that must have been a real beauty because at one point I counted 15 men standing in awe of it. It was like they were looking at the Holy Grail or something. Men are funny creatures.
Enjoy this beautiful spring day if you are in Texas.
I Heart Spring!!!
5 comments:
Remember, Gun shows are "too butch".
It is way worth getting all of that big stuff done before you move in...you won't regret it!
I am just so excited for you and the new house! :) Yay!
The gun show?!?! Yikes. :) Happy Anniversary you two!! Love you both!
Invite me over to pick plums and make jelly! Have I ever given you any grape jelly? I am the most excellent jelly maker. I cannot wait to mooch fruit off of you!
Happy anniversary. Yeah for you guys. I heart spring too!
Post a Comment