Tuesday, March 03, 2009

The Real Me

Tonight I met with two of my favorite people to iron out a few details of the upcoming Women's Renewal at our church (April 24-25, mark your calendars).

What is a Women's Renewal you ask? It's a Friday Evening, Saturday conference for women to renew their minds in Christ, fellowship with the chicks and eat good (not so healthy) food.

Every year I walk away with a deeper understanding of God's word and I feel refreshed from the inside out. This year I know it is going to be no different. I have this whatcha gonna do, God feeling bubbling deep inside of me. I can't wait to watch His plan unfold.

I have a little inside scoop for those of you who read the blog. If you attend you will hear a part of my testimony. I was asked tonight by Margaret to share my story. I am scared to death. No that's not true, I am actually very excited about how God is going to use my story to bless others. Even when I was in the midst of living out my testimony, I knew one day I would be standing in front of a group of people sharing my story. I also found this song a few months back and felt it summed up my feelings for the positive plus sign journey. After talking it over with Margaret tonight, she asked me to share this song as well.

So that means I will be singing and sharing my testimony. Gulp. Maybe that whatcha gonna do, God? feeling is actually indigestion for singing a personal song and sharing personal history with the ladies. Oh who am I kidding! God designed me to be an open book not a closed one so share and sing I shall. Especially if one ladies life can be changed from hearing about my story and how God has blessed me in the good days and bad.

If you live in the DFW area and would like to attend (not because of me but because Margaret Ashmore is AWESOME) please shoot me an email and I will happy to forward you the information. Enjoy the song and no, I don't think I will sing like Natalie Grant although wouldn't that be lovely if I did?

1 comment:

Kimmy said...

...it's going to be great... can't wait to see what the Lord will do in and through you.