Thursday, March 19, 2009

Lord, You Are In Control

You know everyone has had those days that left us wondering what the Lord was doing behind the scenes. Yesterday was Jeff and my day. We had an inspection done on the house that did not go the way we thought. In fact I echo Jeff's sentiments when he described our day as just plain crappy.

All along our prayer was that if God didn't want us in that house that He would make it crystal clear. Let me just spare you the details and cut to the chase-we backed out of the house today because yesterday it was made crystal clear to us.

Can I just be 100% honest by saying I am still in a state of shock?

I know God is fully in control. I know that there is a better house waiting for us.
I know that we are blessed to find the damage before we move. I am sad that we will not be living next door to our dear friends. I also know that our friendship is better than us just being neighbors and will continue and grow even if we are not living on the same street. I struggle because Jeff and I just knew that this was the house God was leading us to. I struggle with the fact that we are at square one. I struggle because I am sooooo tired of my apartment. I rest in the fact that soon we will see God's plan unfold. I praise God for the fact that He showed us these things before we closed on the house. I praise God because Jeff and I are fully on the same page and walking this journey together.

So what is the next step?

We are having our realtor friend find a few houses for us to look at in the next week. We are going to sit back, relax and enjoy the journey.

I guarantee you that there may be moments where I just have to sit and pray it out but I refuse to let Satan get a foothold by stealing my joy.

On another note, Jennifer (Jeff's cousin's wife) was admitted to the hospital today. It doesn't look good. So for now, Jeff and I are dropping everything and just loving on the family.

Please pray for God's guidance as we search for house.
Please pray for God's comfort to feel each of us as we walk this journey with Brent and Jennifer.
Please pray for the kids too-my heart breaks when I think about what this means for them.

5 comments:

Pearson Family said...

Susan, I am so sorry! I guess that extra time in your apartment is turning out to be a blessing! I hate it for you though. We will praying for Jeff's cousin! Love you both.

Kendra said...

Well, YUCK. I'm with you - this is no fun at all. But God's plan is perfect and all things will be made clear! But ugghhh. I'll just mourn a little with you about the house and pray that the Lord will make his plan clear QUICK!

And I'm praying for your sweet family . . oh, how this kind of thing breaks my heart!!

LlamaJ said...

Wow...I'm shocked also. And very sorry. You are right that it is good to know these things before moving in. I will be praying that you all will get the right house in the Lord's perfect timing.
I will continue to pray for Jeff's cousin's family, too.

Anonymous said...

Lyrics to Dependence by Jamie Slocom begin with these words:

This is the life I’ve always wanted
To know the prince of peace
To feel my faith restored
As your grace surrounds me
This is the day of new beginnings
This is where my freedom starts
And now death has lost its sting
And Jesus how can I thank you?

Just to know, just to know that you love me
Gives me hope to carry on
What can this world do to me?

We are more than conquerers! Thank you Jesus!

Mom

Kimmy said...

Bummer! You have a great out look on it all... and it's such a good time to be looking for a house... there is so much available to you. I know you and Jeff will find just the right one... ~ kim