Tuesday, March 24, 2009
Song In My Head: Bring the Rain
Jeff and I find it a bit funny that God has taken a few things off our plates in recent days. We feel that one of the reasons for this is so that we can focus on our family. Jennifer entered hospice care today at her house, in order for her to spend her final days surrounded by her family. My heart breaks for Brent and the kids and I have found myself praying all morning for God to bless their time. Someone asked me last night how I was doing with all the house stuff and I can honestly say that I am doing very well. Jennifer's cancer has really helped me put into perspective our life situation. Yes, I look forward to moving day and I also look forward to positive plus sign day but neither one is happening right now. Instead of kicking and screaming and asking "Why Lord" I find myself trusting God's timing with peace and joy. I never want to look back on this season on our lives and realize that we missed opportunities to serve in the waiting. I want to serve God fully whatever road He chooses for Jeff and I.
Please continue to pray for the family. The road ahead is not going to be easy but we trust God has a plan bigger than this present moment.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
My heart goes out to Jennifer and the entire family! I know this is tough for all involved! Praying hard that her days left will be as pain free as possible! Gosh..I just can't imagine! You are such a woman of God! Thanks so much for always sharing with us your thoughts and being so REAL! Your faith in God is AMAZING!
Your family is in my prayers--there aren't words other than that God is with us all the time. As I read your posts, thanks once again for both challenge and encouragement.
Post a Comment