Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Happy Birthday Faithers!

Today my niece Faith turns 10! She makes being an aunt so much fun. I love our friendship and the special bond that we have simply because she was the first to call me Aunt Sue Sue.

But I was reminded the other night how fast she is growing up....

This picture was taken after she made a very funny comment to me. Well funny to me but not so funny to her mom and dad. In the middle of telling me about how she will be next year's school Treasurer she let a little confession slip from her mouth.

"And the boy in my life is the President!"

Right at that moment, Missy (her mom) walks by to refill her drink.

"What?!?! The boy in your life! Who is this?!?!?"

And her Dad pipes in and says, "There will be no boys in your life just yet. I am the man in your life and Elijah (her little brother) is the boy in your life."

Faith just laughs.

It's funny to me but also very sad at the same time. These kids sure do grow up fast and it makes me want to cherish every moment with them.

Notice in the picture below her dad's protective hand.


God help him the day she has her first date or maybe I should say God help the boy who is brave enough to knock on the door. :)

I love you Faith Gwen! You are a precious young lady from the inside out and God has great plans for you!

P.S. Mom's birthday celebration was yesterday and I promise you Mom you will get a special post all of your own in the next few days

No comments: