
I have been on a hunt lately for some cute summer skirts. I am not usually in the mood for skirts or dresses but have found them to be quite comfortable lately. It also could because Clinton and Stacey (What Not To Wear) were telling someone the other day how practical a skirt can actually be and I wanted to be practical too. Although, let me go on record by saying I do not agree that you need to wear a skirt while walking the dog nor do I think there is anything wrong with wearing running shorts and a tee shirt while grocery shopping at Wal Mart. If you could see the people that shop at my Wal-Mart, you would realize I am many steps above the typical patron's attire of pajama pants and fuzzy slippers. Call me crazy but there is something not right with that.
I am happy to report that after a few weeks of trying on dresses and skirts, I found this dress **that I adore at my favorite store. I also scored a sweet deal on these shoes from my other favorite store. Tomorrow I plan on heading to the mall to see if I can find a good flowery skirt like the picture above. I am also looking forward to sporting the dress and shoes to church on Sunday because nothing says "Happy Sunday" like wearing a new dress. :)
**the link is not working for the dress, it's the blue trapanuto dress at the bottom of the page (you will understand when you click on the link)
3 comments:
I love skirts in the summer time; way cooler than shorts or pants. With a solid shirt and sandals, it's so easy.
My favorite place to find summer skirts? Ross. Good luck!
I get it. For some reason I feel like I can't pull off wearing shorts...don't look cute in bermudas and definitely can't pull off the daisy dukes. But a flowy skirt...much more grown up and the same temperature friendly benefits.
I know you work from home and from someone who stays home, I know it feels yucky to just wear athletic short and t-shirts every day, even though there is no reason to get dressed any better than that (and this is, in fact, my attire most days). A skirt and a t-shirt, however...makes you feel so much cuter!
I have several solid flowy skirts of various lengths that I like to wear with a variety of t-shirts or tanks. and flip flops. I think they are all from Tar-zhay or TJ Maxx.
Lady, I'm with you on shopping at Walmart! I have started collecting "comfortable" dresses. I didn't believe they existed (although my sister in law would talk about them all the time). I've finally found some at Target and they make me feel better. I try to put one on every day before the hubs gets home and do a little make-up. It just makes me feel better! Like, " I may not have cleaned the bathrooms today, but atleast I got dressed and look kinda cute!"
Post a Comment