Thursday, June 04, 2009

Celebrating God's Goodness




The other night I joined my mom and brother at a praise and worship night for small group leaders at their church. It was my mom's birthday and she wanted her kids with her so we could worship together.

Throughout the night, I was reminded of God's faithfulness to our little family of three. Who would have thought that 20 years after my parent's divorce that all 3 of us would be serving in some capacity at our churches. It gives me great joy to realize that God could us warts and all to further His kingdom.

We have been blessed throughout these years to see God's mighty hand at work in our lives. In recent years we have been blessed to see God turn the bad into good. And I want to take a moment to publicly applaud my mom.

This past two years she has been ministering to a group of ladies she calls Lemonade Ladies. Each one of these ladies are choosing to take the lemons that have been thrown at them and turn them into something sweet. My mom is pouring out her life experiences into each one of their lives and pointing them back to the only one who can fix the mess, Jesus Christ. I am proud of her and enjoy hearing how each Lemonade Ladies life has touched my mom.

I was reminded the night of my mom's birthday that God does hear our cries and answers our prayers. I have learned over the years one simple truth about God: if you seek Him, you will find Him.

MOM, you are doing a great job and I am proud of you for taking your lemons and turning them into lemonade. Continue the path that God has laid out for you and be still and know that He is God. XOXOX Love you to pieces!!!

- your blue-eyed Susan

P.S We may look a little rough in the picture because all three of us were a puddle of tears at one point in the night. Just keeping it real, peeps! Just keeping it real

2 comments:

The McCarter Family said...

Great post and what a sweet tribute to your mom! I thought it was a great pic...tears or not!!!

Jodi said...

Such a SWEET post, dear friend! :) Yes, it is a GREAT picture!!! Love y'all!