Luckenbach, TX is a small little nugget in the middle of Central Texas. It is about 30 to 45 minutes from Fredicksburg. If you have not ever been, you should, it's fun. But let me suggest that you google yourself directions so you don't get lost. You see, this was our second attempt to head to Luckenbach. The first time we were SO close but gave up way too soon. At least I thought so but Jeff seemed to think driving for an hour and half to try to locate was plenty of time. To each it's own, I guess. This time I told Jeff come hell or high water, we are going to Luckenbach, TX. Thankfully my googled directions lead us right to it or I would have lost out again. Proof that Luckenbach is a very small town! :)
When we parked, in a open field Jeff was feeling a bit unsure. His first words were "It looks like we are interrupting a private party. I don't want to crash a party." This was the day I gave him a new nickname, "Listen hear, Mr. San Diego, this is how it is done in Texas. We have no rules in Luckenbach, everyone is welcome. So get your butt out of the car and let's go see the sights."
The Luckenbach Post office was built in the 1800's and holds souvenirs and the little bar in the back. Jeff and I talked about how if someone dropped a cigarette butt too close to the building the whole place would burn in an instance. Fortunately we don't smoke so the building was still standing when we left. Hee! Hee!
Here is Mr. San Diego himself enjoying a Lone Star beer. California has wine, Texans have BEER! And he is even wearing his San Diego ball cap. Why have I not bought him a cowboy hat? Probably because he wears a size 7 3/4 hat and that is super huge! {PS. I have been praying for small headed children...}
Later, I played him the Luckenbach, TX song sung by Waylon and Willie. Mr. San Diego said, "What's the name of this song?"
"Luckenbach, TX."
"Hmm, interesting."
Which looking back on this conversation, I think he was pulling my leg about not knowing the song because he is a huge Willie fan so how could he not know "Let's go to Luckenbach, TX with Waylon, Willie and the boys"?
Luckenbach was a fun side trip and one I think everyone should experience at least once.
2 comments:
My husband wears the same size hat, so good luck with small headed kids! My youngest's head was so big, they thought something was wrong with her... Looks like yall had fun!
One word.... FUN!!!!
Post a Comment